May 31, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Give Patrick Kane space, or time with the puck and he’ll make you pay.
A perfect case in point came Friday, as Kane was allowed to skate up the boards, into the middle of the ice and snap a wrist shot that beat Jonathan Quick with 3:45 remaining in the third period to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 4-3 lead over the L.A. Kings in Game 6 of the Western Conference Final.
The Blackhawks would hold on to win, forcing a Game 7 on Sunday after trailing in the series 3-1. Kane, after going without a point in the first three games of this series, now has eight points combined over Games 4, 5, 6. With his team facing elimination yet again, he had three points, including two goals, on Friday.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9