May 31, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
One aspect of teams going deep into the Stanley Cup Playoffs that’s often talked about is depth. Being able to sustain injuries and a lack of production from players makes the run for the Cup so daunting.
Former Stanley Cup champion Ken Daneyko says the Los Angeles Kings have enough depth to make them the team to beat as he shared in his chat on Edward Jones Face Time.
The Kings face the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 7 at 8:00 p.m. ET from United Center in Chicago on NBCSN Sunday night. Will that depth show through or will it be all about the superstars taking control?
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)