May 31, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are a win away from making their third appearance in the Stanley Cup Final in five years. In their previous two appearances they’ve come out on top. A win this season would give them back-to-back championships, the first time that’s happened since 1997-1998.
“I don’t think anyone’s thinking about the word ‘dynasty’ or anything like that,” Kane said. “It’s a totally new year for us.”
It might be a new year, but there aren’t many differences between this year’s Blackhawks team and last year’s. Only forwards Dave Bolland, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Frolik and goalie Ray Emery are absent this time around.
There is that whole thing about Chicago needing to win one more game before getting to the Final though. It’s take two classic games with classic finishes for the Blackhawks to tie things up with the Los Angeles Kings and force a Game 7.
All bets are off as to how it’ll turn out, but if Chicago comes away with the win and moves on, the “dynasty” talk has only just begun.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)