May 31, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are a win away from making their third appearance in the Stanley Cup Final in five years. In their previous two appearances they’ve come out on top. A win this season would give them back-to-back championships, the first time that’s happened since 1997-1998.
“I don’t think anyone’s thinking about the word ‘dynasty’ or anything like that,” Kane said. “It’s a totally new year for us.”
It might be a new year, but there aren’t many differences between this year’s Blackhawks team and last year’s. Only forwards Dave Bolland, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Frolik and goalie Ray Emery are absent this time around.
There is that whole thing about Chicago needing to win one more game before getting to the Final though. It’s take two classic games with classic finishes for the Blackhawks to tie things up with the Los Angeles Kings and force a Game 7.
All bets are off as to how it’ll turn out, but if Chicago comes away with the win and moves on, the “dynasty” talk has only just begun.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)