May 31, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are a win away from making their third appearance in the Stanley Cup Final in five years. In their previous two appearances they’ve come out on top. A win this season would give them back-to-back championships, the first time that’s happened since 1997-1998.
“I don’t think anyone’s thinking about the word ‘dynasty’ or anything like that,” Kane said. “It’s a totally new year for us.”
It might be a new year, but there aren’t many differences between this year’s Blackhawks team and last year’s. Only forwards Dave Bolland, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Frolik and goalie Ray Emery are absent this time around.
There is that whole thing about Chicago needing to win one more game before getting to the Final though. It’s take two classic games with classic finishes for the Blackhawks to tie things up with the Los Angeles Kings and force a Game 7.
All bets are off as to how it’ll turn out, but if Chicago comes away with the win and moves on, the “dynasty” talk has only just begun.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)