May 31, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are a win away from making their third appearance in the Stanley Cup Final in five years. In their previous two appearances they’ve come out on top. A win this season would give them back-to-back championships, the first time that’s happened since 1997-1998.
“I don’t think anyone’s thinking about the word ‘dynasty’ or anything like that,” Kane said. “It’s a totally new year for us.”
It might be a new year, but there aren’t many differences between this year’s Blackhawks team and last year’s. Only forwards Dave Bolland, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Frolik and goalie Ray Emery are absent this time around.
There is that whole thing about Chicago needing to win one more game before getting to the Final though. It’s take two classic games with classic finishes for the Blackhawks to tie things up with the Los Angeles Kings and force a Game 7.
All bets are off as to how it’ll turn out, but if Chicago comes away with the win and moves on, the “dynasty” talk has only just begun.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)