May 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Dwight King is now up to two goals in these Stanley Cup playoffs. His second came Friday night, as he opened the scoring for his L.A. Kings in the first period of Game 6 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Kings can advance to the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in three years with a win tonight. They took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission. In these playoffs, L.A. is 6-1 when leading after 20 minutes.
Now, the Blackhawks, facing elimination, need this game. But defenseman Brent Seabrook has fallen under criticism for how he played the puck leading to L.A.’s goal. King eventually found himself all alone in front of the Chicago net, with only goalie Corey Crawford to beat.
Major nappage by Chicago. Brent Seabrook didn't hustle to the puck. Stoll's pass went off Handzus and straight to Dwight King.—
Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) May 31, 2014
Very soft play by Seabrook on that L.A. goal. Beaten to the puck by Stoll and not enough battle. Chi's defense surprising in this series.—
Ken Campbell (@THNKenCampbell) May 31, 2014
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 17
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 31
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 56
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)