May 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Dwight King is now up to two goals in these Stanley Cup playoffs. His second came Friday night, as he opened the scoring for his L.A. Kings in the first period of Game 6 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Kings can advance to the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in three years with a win tonight. They took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission. In these playoffs, L.A. is 6-1 when leading after 20 minutes.
Now, the Blackhawks, facing elimination, need this game. But defenseman Brent Seabrook has fallen under criticism for how he played the puck leading to L.A.’s goal. King eventually found himself all alone in front of the Chicago net, with only goalie Corey Crawford to beat.
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 0
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)