May 30, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Dwight King is now up to two goals in these Stanley Cup playoffs. His second came Friday night, as he opened the scoring for his L.A. Kings in the first period of Game 6 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Kings can advance to the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in three years with a win tonight. They took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission. In these playoffs, L.A. is 6-1 when leading after 20 minutes.
Now, the Blackhawks, facing elimination, need this game. But defenseman Brent Seabrook has fallen under criticism for how he played the puck leading to L.A.’s goal. King eventually found himself all alone in front of the Chicago net, with only goalie Corey Crawford to beat.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)