May 30, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
This was something.
Goalies Jonathan Quick and Corey Crawford came together at the end of the second period of Friday’s Game 6. It certainly didn’t look like they were discussing dinner plans. At the conclusion of their little chat, Crawford shook his hands, perhaps challenging Quick to drop his gloves. A different kind of goalie duel.
This all started after Chicago forward Andrew Shaw was knocked into – and fell over – Quick off a faceoff. Quick got involved when he started going at Shaw with his glove hand. A melee ensued. Crawford was waiting by the Chicago bench when Quick came out of the skirmish, and that’s when the two butted heads.
Oh year, the Blackhawks took a 2-1 lead into the third period, as they look to force a Game 7 in this Western Conference Final.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11