May 30, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
This was something.
Goalies Jonathan Quick and Corey Crawford came together at the end of the second period of Friday’s Game 6. It certainly didn’t look like they were discussing dinner plans. At the conclusion of their little chat, Crawford shook his hands, perhaps challenging Quick to drop his gloves. A different kind of goalie duel.
This all started after Chicago forward Andrew Shaw was knocked into – and fell over – Quick off a faceoff. Quick got involved when he started going at Shaw with his glove hand. A melee ensued. Crawford was waiting by the Chicago bench when Quick came out of the skirmish, and that’s when the two butted heads.
Oh year, the Blackhawks took a 2-1 lead into the third period, as they look to force a Game 7 in this Western Conference Final.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 25
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)