May 30, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
This was something.
Goalies Jonathan Quick and Corey Crawford came together at the end of the second period of Friday’s Game 6. It certainly didn’t look like they were discussing dinner plans. At the conclusion of their little chat, Crawford shook his hands, perhaps challenging Quick to drop his gloves. A different kind of goalie duel.
This all started after Chicago forward Andrew Shaw was knocked into – and fell over – Quick off a faceoff. Quick got involved when he started going at Shaw with his glove hand. A melee ensued. Crawford was waiting by the Chicago bench when Quick came out of the skirmish, and that’s when the two butted heads.
Oh year, the Blackhawks took a 2-1 lead into the third period, as they look to force a Game 7 in this Western Conference Final.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)