May 30, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
This was something.
Goalies Jonathan Quick and Corey Crawford came together at the end of the second period of Friday’s Game 6. It certainly didn’t look like they were discussing dinner plans. At the conclusion of their little chat, Crawford shook his hands, perhaps challenging Quick to drop his gloves. A different kind of goalie duel.
This all started after Chicago forward Andrew Shaw was knocked into – and fell over – Quick off a faceoff. Quick got involved when he started going at Shaw with his glove hand. A melee ensued. Crawford was waiting by the Chicago bench when Quick came out of the skirmish, and that’s when the two butted heads.
Oh year, the Blackhawks took a 2-1 lead into the third period, as they look to force a Game 7 in this Western Conference Final.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4