May 30, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
This was something.
Goalies Jonathan Quick and Corey Crawford came together at the end of the second period of Friday’s Game 6. It certainly didn’t look like they were discussing dinner plans. At the conclusion of their little chat, Crawford shook his hands, perhaps challenging Quick to drop his gloves. A different kind of goalie duel.
This all started after Chicago forward Andrew Shaw was knocked into – and fell over – Quick off a faceoff. Quick got involved when he started going at Shaw with his glove hand. A melee ensued. Crawford was waiting by the Chicago bench when Quick came out of the skirmish, and that’s when the two butted heads.
Oh year, the Blackhawks took a 2-1 lead into the third period, as they look to force a Game 7 in this Western Conference Final.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5