May 30, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks put together an old line in Game 5 and it seemed to work wonders for them. Now the Los Angeles Kings have something to beware of heading into Game 6.
The trio of Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, and Patrick Kane gave the Kings fits on Wednesday night. That line teamed up for a goal in the first period and helped produce two others including Michal Handzus‘ double-overtime game winner.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter seems to have one idea on how to slow them down as Curtis Zupke of NHL.com shared.
Sutter, who didn’t talk about Chicago’s changes after Game 5, acknowledged Thursday “the adjustment was we couldn’t keep up with Saad.” Asked about having the answer to counter the line, Sutter said, “The guys that played against them last night were not on top of their game, and that’s the answer.”
With Game 6 on home ice for the Kings, that means they’ll get the chance to get the match-up they’re looking for. The curious question is which line gets the call?
Anze Kopitar‘s line has been matched up almost exclusively against Jonathan Toews‘ line and “That 70s Line” with Jeff Carter up the middle may not be a great defensive fit. This sounds like a job for Mike Richards‘ line.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)