May 30, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks put together an old line in Game 5 and it seemed to work wonders for them. Now the Los Angeles Kings have something to beware of heading into Game 6.
The trio of Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, and Patrick Kane gave the Kings fits on Wednesday night. That line teamed up for a goal in the first period and helped produce two others including Michal Handzus‘ double-overtime game winner.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter seems to have one idea on how to slow them down as Curtis Zupke of NHL.com shared.
Sutter, who didn’t talk about Chicago’s changes after Game 5, acknowledged Thursday “the adjustment was we couldn’t keep up with Saad.” Asked about having the answer to counter the line, Sutter said, “The guys that played against them last night were not on top of their game, and that’s the answer.”
With Game 6 on home ice for the Kings, that means they’ll get the chance to get the match-up they’re looking for. The curious question is which line gets the call?
Anze Kopitar‘s line has been matched up almost exclusively against Jonathan Toews‘ line and “That 70s Line” with Jeff Carter up the middle may not be a great defensive fit. This sounds like a job for Mike Richards‘ line.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)