May 30, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks put together an old line in Game 5 and it seemed to work wonders for them. Now the Los Angeles Kings have something to beware of heading into Game 6.
The trio of Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, and Patrick Kane gave the Kings fits on Wednesday night. That line teamed up for a goal in the first period and helped produce two others including Michal Handzus‘ double-overtime game winner.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter seems to have one idea on how to slow them down as Curtis Zupke of NHL.com shared.
Sutter, who didn’t talk about Chicago’s changes after Game 5, acknowledged Thursday “the adjustment was we couldn’t keep up with Saad.” Asked about having the answer to counter the line, Sutter said, “The guys that played against them last night were not on top of their game, and that’s the answer.”
With Game 6 on home ice for the Kings, that means they’ll get the chance to get the match-up they’re looking for. The curious question is which line gets the call?
Anze Kopitar‘s line has been matched up almost exclusively against Jonathan Toews‘ line and “That 70s Line” with Jeff Carter up the middle may not be a great defensive fit. This sounds like a job for Mike Richards‘ line.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 72
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (73)