May 30, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings have yet another opportunity to clinch a spot in the Stanley Cup Final and the Chicago Blackhawks have another opportunity to stay alive.
This time around, if they pull off a victory, it’ll mean a Game 7 back at United Center.
GAME 6: Los Angeles Kings vs. Chicago Blackhawks [Los Angeles leads series 3-2] (9:00 p.m. ET – NBCSN)
It hasn’t exactly been a goaltending showdown in the West. After watching Henrik Lundqvist and Dustin Tokarski look like world-beaters in the East, what we’ve seen out of Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick hasn’t been at all impressive.
Of course, impressions can all be altered in a game and we’ve seen enough highlight reel stops from both goalies to remind us that they can be big factors. One thing both Crawford and Quick could stand to use is a stiffer effort from their defenses.
We’ve seen great offense generated in L.A. by Drew Doughty and Jake Muzzin and we saw Chicago’s defense pick things up in Game 5 with Brent Seabrook and Johnny Oduya, but helping stop opponents would do a lot of good. With how loose this series has been, you know it’s driving both Darryl Sutter and Joel Quenneville bonkers.
If there’s one thing the Kings desperately want to do it’s to avoid playing a Game 7 back in Chicago.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)