May 30, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings have yet another opportunity to clinch a spot in the Stanley Cup Final and the Chicago Blackhawks have another opportunity to stay alive.
This time around, if they pull off a victory, it’ll mean a Game 7 back at United Center.
GAME 6: Los Angeles Kings vs. Chicago Blackhawks [Los Angeles leads series 3-2] (9:00 p.m. ET – NBCSN)
It hasn’t exactly been a goaltending showdown in the West. After watching Henrik Lundqvist and Dustin Tokarski look like world-beaters in the East, what we’ve seen out of Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick hasn’t been at all impressive.
Of course, impressions can all be altered in a game and we’ve seen enough highlight reel stops from both goalies to remind us that they can be big factors. One thing both Crawford and Quick could stand to use is a stiffer effort from their defenses.
We’ve seen great offense generated in L.A. by Drew Doughty and Jake Muzzin and we saw Chicago’s defense pick things up in Game 5 with Brent Seabrook and Johnny Oduya, but helping stop opponents would do a lot of good. With how loose this series has been, you know it’s driving both Darryl Sutter and Joel Quenneville bonkers.
If there’s one thing the Kings desperately want to do it’s to avoid playing a Game 7 back in Chicago.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)