May 30, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings have yet another opportunity to clinch a spot in the Stanley Cup Final and the Chicago Blackhawks have another opportunity to stay alive.
This time around, if they pull off a victory, it’ll mean a Game 7 back at United Center.
GAME 6: Los Angeles Kings vs. Chicago Blackhawks [Los Angeles leads series 3-2] (9:00 p.m. ET – NBCSN)
It hasn’t exactly been a goaltending showdown in the West. After watching Henrik Lundqvist and Dustin Tokarski look like world-beaters in the East, what we’ve seen out of Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick hasn’t been at all impressive.
Of course, impressions can all be altered in a game and we’ve seen enough highlight reel stops from both goalies to remind us that they can be big factors. One thing both Crawford and Quick could stand to use is a stiffer effort from their defenses.
We’ve seen great offense generated in L.A. by Drew Doughty and Jake Muzzin and we saw Chicago’s defense pick things up in Game 5 with Brent Seabrook and Johnny Oduya, but helping stop opponents would do a lot of good. With how loose this series has been, you know it’s driving both Darryl Sutter and Joel Quenneville bonkers.
If there’s one thing the Kings desperately want to do it’s to avoid playing a Game 7 back in Chicago.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)