May 30, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
From the NHL’s morning email:
* Ryan McDonagh registered the secondary assist on Moore’s goal and finished the series with eight helpers and 10 points, tops among both teams. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, he became the first defenseman in Rangers history to collect eight assists in a playoff series and only the second to record at least 10 points. The other: Brian Leetch, who posted 5-6—11 in the 1994 Stanley Cup Final vs. VAN en route to capturing the Conn Smythe Trophy.
We’ve written a lot about McDonagh in these playoffs. The 24-year-old didn’t have a great start to the postseason, perhaps still feeling the effects of a late-season shoulder injury (courtesy Vancouver’s Alex Burrows).
McDonagh is back in form now though; he outplayed Montreal’s PK Subban in the Eastern Conference Final, and he’ll need to stay in form in the Stanley Cup Final against either the Kings or Blackhawks, each of whom boast elite d-men in Drew Doughty and Duncan Keith, respectively.
PS — Good trip down memory lane here, Rangers fans. (“I’ve been sitting here alone in the White House watching this, cheering for you, biting my fingernails, screaming and yelling. It’s been great, it was a wonderful game.”)
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)