May 30, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Flyers chairman Ed Snider has recently completed treatment for cancer, sources have told CSN’s John Clark.
The specific form of cancer has not been disclosed, but according to Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman, it’s not life threatening. Snider is doing well, and his condition has not affected his ability to run the organization.
Snider was treated and released from Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Thursday night Snider told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he feels “great.”
Snider is 81 years old, but still very much involved in the team’s business, as was evident earlier this month when the Flyers re-arranged the front office.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)