May 30, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Flyers chairman Ed Snider has recently completed treatment for cancer, sources have told CSN’s John Clark.
The specific form of cancer has not been disclosed, but according to Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman, it’s not life threatening. Snider is doing well, and his condition has not affected his ability to run the organization.
Snider was treated and released from Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Thursday night Snider told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he feels “great.”
Snider is 81 years old, but still very much involved in the team’s business, as was evident earlier this month when the Flyers re-arranged the front office.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8