May 30, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
Flyers chairman Ed Snider has recently completed treatment for cancer, sources have told CSN’s John Clark.
The specific form of cancer has not been disclosed, but according to Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman, it’s not life threatening. Snider is doing well, and his condition has not affected his ability to run the organization.
Snider was treated and released from Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Thursday night Snider told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he feels “great.”
Snider is 81 years old, but still very much involved in the team’s business, as was evident earlier this month when the Flyers re-arranged the front office.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)