May 30, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Flyers chairman Ed Snider has recently completed treatment for cancer, sources have told CSN’s John Clark.
The specific form of cancer has not been disclosed, but according to Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman, it’s not life threatening. Snider is doing well, and his condition has not affected his ability to run the organization.
Snider was treated and released from Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Thursday night Snider told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he feels “great.”
Snider is 81 years old, but still very much involved in the team’s business, as was evident earlier this month when the Flyers re-arranged the front office.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)