May 30, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
Flyers chairman Ed Snider has recently completed treatment for cancer, sources have told CSN’s John Clark.
The specific form of cancer has not been disclosed, but according to Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman, it’s not life threatening. Snider is doing well, and his condition has not affected his ability to run the organization.
Snider was treated and released from Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Thursday night Snider told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he feels “great.”
Snider is 81 years old, but still very much involved in the team’s business, as was evident earlier this month when the Flyers re-arranged the front office.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22