May 29, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Will the Rangers win “the most important hockey game in New York in 20 years” or will the Canadiens send this series back to Montreal for a decisive Game 7?
We’ll find out on Thursday night as Game 6 takes place at Madison Square Garden. You can watch the game on NBCSN and/or by streaming it via the link below.
The Canadiens won a wild Game 5 in Montreal on Tuesday and carry momentum from one of their best performances of this series. While Dustin Tokarski hopes to have a better night, there are plenty of Habs players who want to repeat their performances, especially Rene Bourque after his impressive hat trick.
The Rangers are one loss away from remarkably finding themselves in three seven-game series in these playoffs. The question is: will Henrik Lundqvist continue to come up short in elimination games where only the other team’s season is on the line? It’s an odd distinction yet the numbers are pretty stark.
This has been a fantastic and odd series, with plenty of heat and hot air coming from both sides. We’ll see if this series ends tonight or if we’ll get the treat (and tension) of a Game 7 soon enough.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)