May 29, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Will the Rangers win “the most important hockey game in New York in 20 years” or will the Canadiens send this series back to Montreal for a decisive Game 7?
We’ll find out on Thursday night as Game 6 takes place at Madison Square Garden. You can watch the game on NBCSN and/or by streaming it via the link below.
The Canadiens won a wild Game 5 in Montreal on Tuesday and carry momentum from one of their best performances of this series. While Dustin Tokarski hopes to have a better night, there are plenty of Habs players who want to repeat their performances, especially Rene Bourque after his impressive hat trick.
The Rangers are one loss away from remarkably finding themselves in three seven-game series in these playoffs. The question is: will Henrik Lundqvist continue to come up short in elimination games where only the other team’s season is on the line? It’s an odd distinction yet the numbers are pretty stark.
This has been a fantastic and odd series, with plenty of heat and hot air coming from both sides. We’ll see if this series ends tonight or if we’ll get the treat (and tension) of a Game 7 soon enough.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)