May 29, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Will the Rangers win “the most important hockey game in New York in 20 years” or will the Canadiens send this series back to Montreal for a decisive Game 7?
We’ll find out on Thursday night as Game 6 takes place at Madison Square Garden. You can watch the game on NBCSN and/or by streaming it via the link below.
The Canadiens won a wild Game 5 in Montreal on Tuesday and carry momentum from one of their best performances of this series. While Dustin Tokarski hopes to have a better night, there are plenty of Habs players who want to repeat their performances, especially Rene Bourque after his impressive hat trick.
The Rangers are one loss away from remarkably finding themselves in three seven-game series in these playoffs. The question is: will Henrik Lundqvist continue to come up short in elimination games where only the other team’s season is on the line? It’s an odd distinction yet the numbers are pretty stark.
This has been a fantastic and odd series, with plenty of heat and hot air coming from both sides. We’ll see if this series ends tonight or if we’ll get the treat (and tension) of a Game 7 soon enough.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)