May 29, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
Just a few days after losing the Memorial Cup final, OHL Guelph playmaker Jason Dickinson has signed his entry-level deal with the Dallas Stars.
Dickinson, 18, was taken in the first round (29th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, one of Dallas’ two first-round selections last year — the other was Valeri Nichushkin, taken at No. 10.
Dickinson led Guelph in assists this year, with 52, and had 24 points in 20 playoff games. It remains to be seen where he’ll play next year; Dallas could use some depth down the middle given the uncertainty surrounding the future of Rich Peverley, but does have another first rounder, Radek Faksa (13th overall, 2012) in the mix as well.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)