May 29, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Just a few days after losing the Memorial Cup final, OHL Guelph playmaker Jason Dickinson has signed his entry-level deal with the Dallas Stars.
Dickinson, 18, was taken in the first round (29th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, one of Dallas’ two first-round selections last year — the other was Valeri Nichushkin, taken at No. 10.
Dickinson led Guelph in assists this year, with 52, and had 24 points in 20 playoff games. It remains to be seen where he’ll play next year; Dallas could use some depth down the middle given the uncertainty surrounding the future of Rich Peverley, but does have another first rounder, Radek Faksa (13th overall, 2012) in the mix as well.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 6
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 49
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)