May 29, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
Just a few days after losing the Memorial Cup final, OHL Guelph playmaker Jason Dickinson has signed his entry-level deal with the Dallas Stars.
Dickinson, 18, was taken in the first round (29th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, one of Dallas’ two first-round selections last year — the other was Valeri Nichushkin, taken at No. 10.
Dickinson led Guelph in assists this year, with 52, and had 24 points in 20 playoff games. It remains to be seen where he’ll play next year; Dallas could use some depth down the middle given the uncertainty surrounding the future of Rich Peverley, but does have another first rounder, Radek Faksa (13th overall, 2012) in the mix as well.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 9
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)