May 29, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Just a few days after losing the Memorial Cup final, OHL Guelph playmaker Jason Dickinson has signed his entry-level deal with the Dallas Stars.
Dickinson, 18, was taken in the first round (29th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, one of Dallas’ two first-round selections last year — the other was Valeri Nichushkin, taken at No. 10.
Dickinson led Guelph in assists this year, with 52, and had 24 points in 20 playoff games. It remains to be seen where he’ll play next year; Dallas could use some depth down the middle given the uncertainty surrounding the future of Rich Peverley, but does have another first rounder, Radek Faksa (13th overall, 2012) in the mix as well.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5