May 29, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens will look a little different in Game 6, even if those tweaks aren’t purely performance-related.
The Canadiens get Brandon Prust back from his two-game suspension for that hit on Derek Stepan. He’s not a huge scorer, obviously, but players occasionally make a big impact when they’re trying to make amends for suspensions and other mistakes.
They won’t be getting everyone back, however, as Alexei Emelin‘s “body injury” appears severe enough to sideline him from a second straight contest.
These aren’t top-line caliber players, yet in the playoffs, sometimes it’s the smaller names who make a big difference.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)