May 29, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens will look a little different in Game 6, even if those tweaks aren’t purely performance-related.
The Canadiens get Brandon Prust back from his two-game suspension for that hit on Derek Stepan. He’s not a huge scorer, obviously, but players occasionally make a big impact when they’re trying to make amends for suspensions and other mistakes.
They won’t be getting everyone back, however, as Alexei Emelin‘s “body injury” appears severe enough to sideline him from a second straight contest.
These aren’t top-line caliber players, yet in the playoffs, sometimes it’s the smaller names who make a big difference.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)