May 29, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens will look a little different in Game 6, even if those tweaks aren’t purely performance-related.
The Canadiens get Brandon Prust back from his two-game suspension for that hit on Derek Stepan. He’s not a huge scorer, obviously, but players occasionally make a big impact when they’re trying to make amends for suspensions and other mistakes.
They won’t be getting everyone back, however, as Alexei Emelin‘s “body injury” appears severe enough to sideline him from a second straight contest.
These aren’t top-line caliber players, yet in the playoffs, sometimes it’s the smaller names who make a big difference.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)