May 29, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens will look a little different in Game 6, even if those tweaks aren’t purely performance-related.
The Canadiens get Brandon Prust back from his two-game suspension for that hit on Derek Stepan. He’s not a huge scorer, obviously, but players occasionally make a big impact when they’re trying to make amends for suspensions and other mistakes.
They won’t be getting everyone back, however, as Alexei Emelin‘s “body injury” appears severe enough to sideline him from a second straight contest.
These aren’t top-line caliber players, yet in the playoffs, sometimes it’s the smaller names who make a big difference.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5