May 29, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
The New York Rangers will turn to a former Canadien when they look to close out Montreal in tonight’s Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final.
Raphael Diaz, who spent the first three years of his career with the Habs, will draw in for the suspended John Moore tonight. He’ll play alongside Kevin Klein and will participate in these playoffs for the first time since midway through the Pittsburgh series — Diaz played in Games 3 and 4, both Ranger losses, getting 19:30 TOI in Game 3 and 16:45 in Game 4.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Blueshirts adjust to life without Moore in the lineup. While he was only averaging around 14 minutes per game, the former Blue Jackets rearguard did get some good minutes on the power play (averaging 1:42 per) and was plus-2 in the first five games of the Conference Final.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)