May 29, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
The New York Rangers will turn to a former Canadien when they look to close out Montreal in tonight’s Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final.
Raphael Diaz, who spent the first three years of his career with the Habs, will draw in for the suspended John Moore tonight. He’ll play alongside Kevin Klein and will participate in these playoffs for the first time since midway through the Pittsburgh series — Diaz played in Games 3 and 4, both Ranger losses, getting 19:30 TOI in Game 3 and 16:45 in Game 4.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Blueshirts adjust to life without Moore in the lineup. While he was only averaging around 14 minutes per game, the former Blue Jackets rearguard did get some good minutes on the power play (averaging 1:42 per) and was plus-2 in the first five games of the Conference Final.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)