May 29, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
The New York Rangers will turn to a former Canadien when they look to close out Montreal in tonight’s Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final.
Raphael Diaz, who spent the first three years of his career with the Habs, will draw in for the suspended John Moore tonight. He’ll play alongside Kevin Klein and will participate in these playoffs for the first time since midway through the Pittsburgh series — Diaz played in Games 3 and 4, both Ranger losses, getting 19:30 TOI in Game 3 and 16:45 in Game 4.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Blueshirts adjust to life without Moore in the lineup. While he was only averaging around 14 minutes per game, the former Blue Jackets rearguard did get some good minutes on the power play (averaging 1:42 per) and was plus-2 in the first five games of the Conference Final.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 4
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 3
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 46
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)