May 29, 2014, 1:53 AM EDT
More than a few people believe that the Chicago Blackhawks’ dramatic Game 5 win against the Los Angeles Kings was the best game of the 2014 postseason so far. It seems like some of the participants would agree … at least on Chicago’s side.
In fact, Blackhawks head coach Joel Qunneville gives it a special distinction in his own coaching career.
“I’ve seen a lot of games, been involved in a lot of games. That might have been the greatest overtime I’ve seen,” Quenneville said.
Corey Crawford probably said it best: it’s easier to look back at how thrilling that game was when you end up coming out on top.
One can quibble about where this game ranks among this postseason and ones in the past, but the bottom line is that it was a thrilling contest. Check out the highlights below.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6