May 29, 2014, 1:53 AM EDT
More than a few people believe that the Chicago Blackhawks’ dramatic Game 5 win against the Los Angeles Kings was the best game of the 2014 postseason so far. It seems like some of the participants would agree … at least on Chicago’s side.
In fact, Blackhawks head coach Joel Qunneville gives it a special distinction in his own coaching career.
“I’ve seen a lot of games, been involved in a lot of games. That might have been the greatest overtime I’ve seen,” Quenneville said.
Corey Crawford probably said it best: it’s easier to look back at how thrilling that game was when you end up coming out on top.
One can quibble about where this game ranks among this postseason and ones in the past, but the bottom line is that it was a thrilling contest. Check out the highlights below.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 42
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)