May 29, 2014, 1:53 AM EDT
More than a few people believe that the Chicago Blackhawks’ dramatic Game 5 win against the Los Angeles Kings was the best game of the 2014 postseason so far. It seems like some of the participants would agree … at least on Chicago’s side.
In fact, Blackhawks head coach Joel Qunneville gives it a special distinction in his own coaching career.
“I’ve seen a lot of games, been involved in a lot of games. That might have been the greatest overtime I’ve seen,” Quenneville said.
Corey Crawford probably said it best: it’s easier to look back at how thrilling that game was when you end up coming out on top.
One can quibble about where this game ranks among this postseason and ones in the past, but the bottom line is that it was a thrilling contest. Check out the highlights below.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17