May 29, 2014, 1:53 AM EST
More than a few people believe that the Chicago Blackhawks’ dramatic Game 5 win against the Los Angeles Kings was the best game of the 2014 postseason so far. It seems like some of the participants would agree … at least on Chicago’s side.
In fact, Blackhawks head coach Joel Qunneville gives it a special distinction in his own coaching career.
“I’ve seen a lot of games, been involved in a lot of games. That might have been the greatest overtime I’ve seen,” Quenneville said.
Corey Crawford probably said it best: it’s easier to look back at how thrilling that game was when you end up coming out on top.
One can quibble about where this game ranks among this postseason and ones in the past, but the bottom line is that it was a thrilling contest. Check out the highlights below.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 17
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 74
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (74)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)