May 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Defenseman Brent Seabrook was one of the Chicago Blackhawks’ best players in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but that hasn’t been the case against the Los Angeles Kings, who have a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Final.
“I’ve got to be better,” Seabrook asserted after Chicago’s 5-2 loss on Monday, per NHL.com. “I was out there for both of those [power-play] goals.
“I’ve got to be better in those situations to help out [goalie Corey Crawford], help out everybody on the ice and we have to get the job done. That’s a big part of the series.”
Los Angeles was two-for-three with the man advantage in Game 4, but he feels he needs to do more in “every facet of the game” and not just when it comes to killing penalties.
He’s not the only Blackhawks player that has come up short lately. Their top line wasn’t anything special on Monday and no one has managed to adequately fill the role of the team’s second-line center.
Los Angeles deserves plenty of credit for outplaying the Blackhawks too. If they are going to overcome the Kings, their top players will have to rise to the challenge.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)