May 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Defenseman Brent Seabrook was one of the Chicago Blackhawks’ best players in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but that hasn’t been the case against the Los Angeles Kings, who have a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Final.
“I’ve got to be better,” Seabrook asserted after Chicago’s 5-2 loss on Monday, per NHL.com. “I was out there for both of those [power-play] goals.
“I’ve got to be better in those situations to help out [goalie Corey Crawford], help out everybody on the ice and we have to get the job done. That’s a big part of the series.”
Los Angeles was two-for-three with the man advantage in Game 4, but he feels he needs to do more in “every facet of the game” and not just when it comes to killing penalties.
He’s not the only Blackhawks player that has come up short lately. Their top line wasn’t anything special on Monday and no one has managed to adequately fill the role of the team’s second-line center.
Los Angeles deserves plenty of credit for outplaying the Blackhawks too. If they are going to overcome the Kings, their top players will have to rise to the challenge.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)