May 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Defenseman Brent Seabrook was one of the Chicago Blackhawks’ best players in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but that hasn’t been the case against the Los Angeles Kings, who have a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Final.
“I’ve got to be better,” Seabrook asserted after Chicago’s 5-2 loss on Monday, per NHL.com. “I was out there for both of those [power-play] goals.
“I’ve got to be better in those situations to help out [goalie Corey Crawford], help out everybody on the ice and we have to get the job done. That’s a big part of the series.”
Los Angeles was two-for-three with the man advantage in Game 4, but he feels he needs to do more in “every facet of the game” and not just when it comes to killing penalties.
He’s not the only Blackhawks player that has come up short lately. Their top line wasn’t anything special on Monday and no one has managed to adequately fill the role of the team’s second-line center.
Los Angeles deserves plenty of credit for outplaying the Blackhawks too. If they are going to overcome the Kings, their top players will have to rise to the challenge.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)