May 28, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Defenseman Brent Seabrook was one of the Chicago Blackhawks’ best players in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but that hasn’t been the case against the Los Angeles Kings, who have a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Final.
“I’ve got to be better,” Seabrook asserted after Chicago’s 5-2 loss on Monday, per NHL.com. “I was out there for both of those [power-play] goals.
“I’ve got to be better in those situations to help out [goalie Corey Crawford], help out everybody on the ice and we have to get the job done. That’s a big part of the series.”
Los Angeles was two-for-three with the man advantage in Game 4, but he feels he needs to do more in “every facet of the game” and not just when it comes to killing penalties.
He’s not the only Blackhawks player that has come up short lately. Their top line wasn’t anything special on Monday and no one has managed to adequately fill the role of the team’s second-line center.
Los Angeles deserves plenty of credit for outplaying the Blackhawks too. If they are going to overcome the Kings, their top players will have to rise to the challenge.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 17
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 25
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)