May 28, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Montreal forward Rene Bourque and New York forward Derek Dorsett won’t be punished — no fine, no suspension — for their actions during Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final, TVA’s Renaud Lavoie reports. Earlier today, Lavoie had reported the NHL’s Department of Player Safety was reviewing a pair of incidents during a wild third period that saw the two teams combine for 37 penalty minutes.
The first incident involved Dorsett, who was facing potential reprimand for headbutting Habs defenseman Mike Weaver. Dorsett wasn’t penalized on the play but, following the game, was called out by Weaver for running around “with his head cut off.”
The second involved Bourque, who was given a five-minute crosschecking major and game misconduct for going after Dorsett as the final horn sounded.
There’s still no word on the punishment levied to Rangers defenseman John Moore, who was given a match penalty for a hit on Montreal forward Dale Weise. Moore had a hearing at 2:30 p.m. ET with the Department of Player Safety.
UPDATE: Moore has received a two-game suspension and will be ineligible to play for the remainder of the series.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)