May 28, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Montreal forward Rene Bourque and New York forward Derek Dorsett won’t be punished — no fine, no suspension — for their actions during Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final, TVA’s Renaud Lavoie reports. Earlier today, Lavoie had reported the NHL’s Department of Player Safety was reviewing a pair of incidents during a wild third period that saw the two teams combine for 37 penalty minutes.
The first incident involved Dorsett, who was facing potential reprimand for headbutting Habs defenseman Mike Weaver. Dorsett wasn’t penalized on the play but, following the game, was called out by Weaver for running around “with his head cut off.”
The second involved Bourque, who was given a five-minute crosschecking major and game misconduct for going after Dorsett as the final horn sounded.
There’s still no word on the punishment levied to Rangers defenseman John Moore, who was given a match penalty for a hit on Montreal forward Dale Weise. Moore had a hearing at 2:30 p.m. ET with the Department of Player Safety.
UPDATE: Moore has received a two-game suspension and will be ineligible to play for the remainder of the series.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)