May 28, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Montreal forward Rene Bourque and New York forward Derek Dorsett won’t be punished — no fine, no suspension — for their actions during Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final, TVA’s Renaud Lavoie reports. Earlier today, Lavoie had reported the NHL’s Department of Player Safety was reviewing a pair of incidents during a wild third period that saw the two teams combine for 37 penalty minutes.
The first incident involved Dorsett, who was facing potential reprimand for headbutting Habs defenseman Mike Weaver. Dorsett wasn’t penalized on the play but, following the game, was called out by Weaver for running around “with his head cut off.”
The second involved Bourque, who was given a five-minute crosschecking major and game misconduct for going after Dorsett as the final horn sounded.
There’s still no word on the punishment levied to Rangers defenseman John Moore, who was given a match penalty for a hit on Montreal forward Dale Weise. Moore had a hearing at 2:30 p.m. ET with the Department of Player Safety.
UPDATE: Moore has received a two-game suspension and will be ineligible to play for the remainder of the series.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)