May 28, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Earlier today, TMZ reported that Kings fan Clark Wong had filed a police report after Crawford allegedly squirted him in the face with his water bottle in the third period of Game 4 of the Western Conference Final, played on Monday night. The TMZ report also claimed Crawford, who Wong admitted to taunting during the game, had filed a police report regarding the incident.
More, from TMZ:
Wong says he believes the bottle was filled with backwash — along with water — and it has caused serious irritation to his eyes. Wong says he’s going to a doctor to get his eyes checked.
League sources tell TMZ Sports … Wong was ejected from the game 3 to 5 minutes after the spraying incident for “taunting the players” and it was while he was being escorted out of the arena that he began to rub his eyes, complaining about the pain.
Prior to tonight’s Game 5 at the United Center, ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville addressed the Crawford situation by saying, “I just heard about it on the way over” and “I’m not worried about it right now.”
Update: Maybe the LAPD is investigating after all. According to ESPN, the police are looking into the battery report.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54