May 28, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Earlier today, TMZ reported that Kings fan Clark Wong had filed a police report after Crawford allegedly squirted him in the face with his water bottle in the third period of Game 4 of the Western Conference Final, played on Monday night. The TMZ report also claimed Crawford, who Wong admitted to taunting during the game, had filed a police report regarding the incident.
More, from TMZ:
Wong says he believes the bottle was filled with backwash — along with water — and it has caused serious irritation to his eyes. Wong says he’s going to a doctor to get his eyes checked.
League sources tell TMZ Sports … Wong was ejected from the game 3 to 5 minutes after the spraying incident for “taunting the players” and it was while he was being escorted out of the arena that he began to rub his eyes, complaining about the pain.
Prior to tonight’s Game 5 at the United Center, ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville addressed the Crawford situation by saying, “I just heard about it on the way over” and “I’m not worried about it right now.”
Update: Maybe the LAPD is investigating after all. According to ESPN, the police are looking into the battery report.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)