May 28, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Earlier today, TMZ reported that Kings fan Clark Wong had filed a police report after Crawford allegedly squirted him in the face with his water bottle in the third period of Game 4 of the Western Conference Final, played on Monday night. The TMZ report also claimed Crawford, who Wong admitted to taunting during the game, had filed a police report regarding the incident.
More, from TMZ:
Wong says he believes the bottle was filled with backwash — along with water — and it has caused serious irritation to his eyes. Wong says he’s going to a doctor to get his eyes checked.
League sources tell TMZ Sports … Wong was ejected from the game 3 to 5 minutes after the spraying incident for “taunting the players” and it was while he was being escorted out of the arena that he began to rub his eyes, complaining about the pain.
Prior to tonight’s Game 5 at the United Center, ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville addressed the Crawford situation by saying, “I just heard about it on the way over” and “I’m not worried about it right now.”
Update: Maybe the LAPD is investigating after all. According to ESPN, the police are looking into the battery report.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)