May 28, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Another day, another Oiler heading to Russia.
Larsen, who came to Edmonton as part of the Shawn Horcoff-to-Dallas trade, appeared in 30 games for the Oilers last season, scoring three goals and 12 points. He was in and out of the lineup repeatedly and spent some time with AHL Oklahoma City prior to parting ways with the club.
As mentioned above, Larsen is just the latest Oiler to bolt for the KHL. The first was Russian Olympic defenseman Anton Belov, who left Edmonton after just one year (and 57 games) to sign with SKA St. Petersburg. Shortly after departing, Belov said part of his reason for returning home was that he no longer wanted to play under Edmonton head coach Dallas Eakins.
Not long after, forward Roman Horak — acquired in the Ladislav Smid deal with Calgary — opted to sign with Vityaz Podolsk after making just two appearances with the Oilers, spending the majority of his time in OKC.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 40
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 101
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (101)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)