May 27, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the New York Rangers with their season on the line on Tuesday as they attempt to extend this conference final series beyond Game 5.
Both teams probably see significant room for improvement, especially when it comes to special teams (Montreal wants to be more efficient on the power play while the Rangers want to avoid giving the Habs so many chances). Game 5 airs on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
The Rangers have been strong in elimination games, although it seems like they’ve been better when their own season has been on the line. They failed to knock off the Philadelphia Flyers in a Game 6, but won that Game 7 plus three straight against the Pittsburgh Penguins. There’s plenty of motivation to avoid a long series after a lengthy run in the postseason so far.
The Canadiens might not be at their peak of confidence, yet Dustin Tokarski has been brilliant at times and they could be a tough out at home. It all shapes up for an intriguing matchup, even if the yapping died down a bit between the two sides.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)