May 27, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the New York Rangers with their season on the line on Tuesday as they attempt to extend this conference final series beyond Game 5.
Both teams probably see significant room for improvement, especially when it comes to special teams (Montreal wants to be more efficient on the power play while the Rangers want to avoid giving the Habs so many chances). Game 5 airs on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
The Rangers have been strong in elimination games, although it seems like they’ve been better when their own season has been on the line. They failed to knock off the Philadelphia Flyers in a Game 6, but won that Game 7 plus three straight against the Pittsburgh Penguins. There’s plenty of motivation to avoid a long series after a lengthy run in the postseason so far.
The Canadiens might not be at their peak of confidence, yet Dustin Tokarski has been brilliant at times and they could be a tough out at home. It all shapes up for an intriguing matchup, even if the yapping died down a bit between the two sides.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)