May 27, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face the New York Rangers with their season on the line on Tuesday as they attempt to extend this conference final series beyond Game 5.
Both teams probably see significant room for improvement, especially when it comes to special teams (Montreal wants to be more efficient on the power play while the Rangers want to avoid giving the Habs so many chances). Game 5 airs on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
The Rangers have been strong in elimination games, although it seems like they’ve been better when their own season has been on the line. They failed to knock off the Philadelphia Flyers in a Game 6, but won that Game 7 plus three straight against the Pittsburgh Penguins. There’s plenty of motivation to avoid a long series after a lengthy run in the postseason so far.
The Canadiens might not be at their peak of confidence, yet Dustin Tokarski has been brilliant at times and they could be a tough out at home. It all shapes up for an intriguing matchup, even if the yapping died down a bit between the two sides.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)