May 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
“I thought they were good. They were alright. They generated enough. They were fine.”
A ringing endorsement it was not. And no wonder, given the ‘Hawks lost the game, 5-2, and fell behind, 3-1, in their series with the Kings.
The trio did manage to hit the scoresheet, but not until Chicago was already in a deep hole. Bickell scored halfway through the third period to make it 4-2 for Los Angeles, with Kane and Toews picking up assists.
Related: Will 2C deficiency cost the ‘Hawks?
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22