May 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
“I thought they were good. They were alright. They generated enough. They were fine.”
A ringing endorsement it was not. And no wonder, given the ‘Hawks lost the game, 5-2, and fell behind, 3-1, in their series with the Kings.
The trio did manage to hit the scoresheet, but not until Chicago was already in a deep hole. Bickell scored halfway through the third period to make it 4-2 for Los Angeles, with Kane and Toews picking up assists.
Related: Will 2C deficiency cost the ‘Hawks?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)