May 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
“I thought they were good. They were alright. They generated enough. They were fine.”
A ringing endorsement it was not. And no wonder, given the ‘Hawks lost the game, 5-2, and fell behind, 3-1, in their series with the Kings.
The trio did manage to hit the scoresheet, but not until Chicago was already in a deep hole. Bickell scored halfway through the third period to make it 4-2 for Los Angeles, with Kane and Toews picking up assists.
Related: Will 2C deficiency cost the ‘Hawks?
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)