May 27, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
For the second time in as many years, Chicago is down 3-1 in a playoff series. In 2013 it was against the Detroit Red Wings in the second round and the Blackhawks still ended up winning the Stanley Cup. This time it’s the Los Angeles Kings standing in their way, but they’re hoping the result will be the same.
“Why can’t we do it again?” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane asked, per LA Kings Insider. “It’s tough in the position we’re in now. But at the same time, we still feel good about our team in here and we all know that we’ve done it before.
“We have to have that confidence of trying to win the next game and see what happens.”
Kane gave the Kings credit for pushing them this far, but he still has faith in his teammates and he’s not alone.
“We’re a good team,” defenseman Duncan Keith said. “It’s just we have to find a way when we get that lead to keep that lead and just go from there. … It’s not easy, but it wouldn’t be worth winning the Stanley Cup without going through adversity.
“I don’t think any team that gets this far or ends up winning it, goes through a playoff without having to deal with adversity. This is our chance to do it.”
Los Angeles has already proved itself in that regard, overcoming 3-0 and 3-2 series deficits against the San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks respectively. Chicago has been challenged in the 2014 postseason too, but this is the first time that the Blackhawks have been pushed to the brink of elimination.
One key for Chicago will be to get more out of Kane, Marian Hossa, and Patrick Sharp, who have combined for just one goal in this series. As deep as the Blackhawks are, it’s hard to see them rebounding without that trio breaking out.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:13 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Buffalo scored!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Pretty good chance for three straight.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:23 AM EDT
He was injured on Oct. 16.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
No. 8 was having a bit of a difficult night.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Big win for Philly after getting beat bad in Chicago on Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Last shift came in the first period.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Little bit of history here.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Milbury doesn’t understand why the Pens would extend him.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Tremendous gesture from the Penguins organization.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
NHL Insider joined Kathryn Tappen live in studio.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Blueliner’s had zero luck in the health department.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Two teams that, how should we say, care not for one another.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
“We had no choice but to.”
Oct 22, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
He won’t travel with the club for its upcoming three-game road swing through Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Charles Wang remains in charge until then.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Worth a reported $16 million.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Not clear yet if charges will be filed.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
More tough luck.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)