May 27, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
“I want to be a Leaf until my career is done.”
That was Dave Bolland this morning on Sportsnet 590 the Fan in Toronto. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 27-year-old forward is coming off a frustrating season in which injuries limited him to just 23 games.
Bolland knows he has “options” and the freedom to “shop around,” but at the same time, “for myself I want to get something done here (with the Leafs).”
The Leafs would similarly like to get something done; however, it’s not clear what price they’re willing to pay. Bolland is one of the few experienced NHL centers under the age of 30 that can test unrestricted free agency this summer. After Colorado’s Paul Stastny, he’s arguably the most coveted in that category.
Bottom line: if Bolland really does want to stay in Toronto for the rest of his career, he may have to take a hometown discount.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47