May 27, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
“I want to be a Leaf until my career is done.”
That was Dave Bolland this morning on Sportsnet 590 the Fan in Toronto. A pending unrestricted free agent, the 27-year-old forward is coming off a frustrating season in which injuries limited him to just 23 games.
Bolland knows he has “options” and the freedom to “shop around,” but at the same time, “for myself I want to get something done here (with the Leafs).”
The Leafs would similarly like to get something done; however, it’s not clear what price they’re willing to pay. Bolland is one of the few experienced NHL centers under the age of 30 that can test unrestricted free agency this summer. After Colorado’s Paul Stastny, he’s arguably the most coveted in that category.
Bottom line: if Bolland really does want to stay in Toronto for the rest of his career, he may have to take a hometown discount.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)