May 26, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
With a win tonight at Staples Center in Game 4 of the Western Conference Final, the Los Angeles Kings would take a commanding 3-1 series lead over the defending Stanley Cup champs from Chicago.
The action starts at 9 p.m. ET.
Get your Game Notes here.
Certainly, nobody would count out the Blackhawks if they were to lose tonight. Chicago has already had winning streaks of six and three in these playoffs. A 3-1 deficit would be tough to overcome, but not impossible.
That being said, captain Jonathan Toews knows his team is running out of time, against a club that knows a thing or two about winning as well.
“It’s time to bring it. It’s time to play our best hockey. No more waiting,” Toews said yesterday, per CSN Chicago. “Everyone knows and understands we can bring more. We know how good a team we’re up against and what it’s going to take to beat them. We can be positive about a lot of things and remind ourselves what we’re capable of as a team and where we’ve been before, considering this situation in the series. So let’s go play a great game for each other tomorrow, it’s a great opportunity for us.”
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)