May 26, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
With a win tonight at Staples Center in Game 4 of the Western Conference Final, the Los Angeles Kings would take a commanding 3-1 series lead over the defending Stanley Cup champs from Chicago.
The action starts at 9 p.m. ET.
Get your Game Notes here.
Certainly, nobody would count out the Blackhawks if they were to lose tonight. Chicago has already had winning streaks of six and three in these playoffs. A 3-1 deficit would be tough to overcome, but not impossible.
That being said, captain Jonathan Toews knows his team is running out of time, against a club that knows a thing or two about winning as well.
“It’s time to bring it. It’s time to play our best hockey. No more waiting,” Toews said yesterday, per CSN Chicago. “Everyone knows and understands we can bring more. We know how good a team we’re up against and what it’s going to take to beat them. We can be positive about a lot of things and remind ourselves what we’re capable of as a team and where we’ve been before, considering this situation in the series. So let’s go play a great game for each other tomorrow, it’s a great opportunity for us.”
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)