May 26, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
With a win tonight at Staples Center in Game 4 of the Western Conference Final, the Los Angeles Kings would take a commanding 3-1 series lead over the defending Stanley Cup champs from Chicago.
The action starts at 9 p.m. ET.
Get your Game Notes here.
Certainly, nobody would count out the Blackhawks if they were to lose tonight. Chicago has already had winning streaks of six and three in these playoffs. A 3-1 deficit would be tough to overcome, but not impossible.
That being said, captain Jonathan Toews knows his team is running out of time, against a club that knows a thing or two about winning as well.
“It’s time to bring it. It’s time to play our best hockey. No more waiting,” Toews said yesterday, per CSN Chicago. “Everyone knows and understands we can bring more. We know how good a team we’re up against and what it’s going to take to beat them. We can be positive about a lot of things and remind ourselves what we’re capable of as a team and where we’ve been before, considering this situation in the series. So let’s go play a great game for each other tomorrow, it’s a great opportunity for us.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5