May 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
It was difficult, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed something positive through the first two periods of Monday’s Game 4 against the L.A. Kings.
After falling behind the Kings by four goals – 3-0 by the end of the first period in stunning fashion – Brandon Saad got the Blackhawks on the board with a backhand shot top corner on Jonathan Quick. It might remind you a little bit of this Patrick Kane ‘Showtime’ goal from the second round against the Minnesota Wild.
The Blackhawks began this game trailing the Kings 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference Final.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)