May 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
It was difficult, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed something positive through the first two periods of Monday’s Game 4 against the L.A. Kings.
After falling behind the Kings by four goals – 3-0 by the end of the first period in stunning fashion – Brandon Saad got the Blackhawks on the board with a backhand shot top corner on Jonathan Quick. It might remind you a little bit of this Patrick Kane ‘Showtime’ goal from the second round against the Minnesota Wild.
The Blackhawks began this game trailing the Kings 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference Final.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)