May 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
It was difficult, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed something positive through the first two periods of Monday’s Game 4 against the L.A. Kings.
After falling behind the Kings by four goals – 3-0 by the end of the first period in stunning fashion – Brandon Saad got the Blackhawks on the board with a backhand shot top corner on Jonathan Quick. It might remind you a little bit of this Patrick Kane ‘Showtime’ goal from the second round against the Minnesota Wild.
The Blackhawks began this game trailing the Kings 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference Final.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 48
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 24
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)