May 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
It was difficult, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed something positive through the first two periods of Monday’s Game 4 against the L.A. Kings.
After falling behind the Kings by four goals – 3-0 by the end of the first period in stunning fashion – Brandon Saad got the Blackhawks on the board with a backhand shot top corner on Jonathan Quick. It might remind you a little bit of this Patrick Kane ‘Showtime’ goal from the second round against the Minnesota Wild.
The Blackhawks began this game trailing the Kings 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference Final.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)