May 26, 2014, 10:08 PM EST
That was Murphy’s Law right there. Anything that could go wrong with the Chicago Blackhawks did go wrong in the first period of Game 4 of the Western Conference Final on Monday.
Then the Kings, leading the series 2-1 already, proceeded to open up a three-goal lead on goals from Jake Muzzin, Marian Gaborik and Dustin Brown all within under seven minutes. The defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks are now on the ropes – in this game and soon the best-of-seven series.
Here’s the Muzzin goal, already his fifth of the post-season.
Here’s the Gaborik goal, his 10th of the post-season, which leads all NHL players.
Here’s the Brown goal, his third of the post-season, and second power play goal of the evening for L.A.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 21
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 67
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (67)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)