May 26, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
That was Murphy’s Law right there. Anything that could go wrong with the Chicago Blackhawks did go wrong in the first period of Game 4 of the Western Conference Final on Monday.
Then the Kings, leading the series 2-1 already, proceeded to open up a three-goal lead on goals from Jake Muzzin, Marian Gaborik and Dustin Brown all within under seven minutes. The defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks are now on the ropes – in this game and soon the best-of-seven series.
Here’s the Muzzin goal, already his fifth of the post-season.
Here’s the Gaborik goal, his 10th of the post-season, which leads all NHL players.
Here’s the Brown goal, his third of the post-season, and second power play goal of the evening for L.A.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)