May 26, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Couple of noteworthy injury developments from both the Eastern and Western Conference Final on Monday morning, as Carey Price skated in Montreal while Robyn Regehr joined his Kings teammates prior to tonight’s Game 4 at Staples Center.
Price, who has been out since Game 1 of the Rangers series following a collision with Chris Kreider, is believed to be dealing with a knee injury. TSN reports that Price took to the ice this morning at the Habs’ practice facility — without equipment — but does not appear close to a comeback, or usurping Dustin Tokarski from the starting gig.
Here’s a pic of Price working out, courtesy the Canadian Press’ Robert Laflamme:
As for Regehr, he also resumed skating for the first time since suffering a knee injury during L.A.’s second-round series with the Ducks. Last Thursday, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter confirmed the injury was to Regehr’s knee and said it was severe enough to keep the veteran rearguard off the ice entirely.
“Robyn’s not skating,” Sutter said, per NHL.com. “When Robyn’s ready to skate, he’ll skate. It’s a knee injury, and obviously he’ll make that decision. If he could play on one leg, he would. He showed it last year in the playoffs.
“If there’s a way to skate, he’d be playing.”
Regehr, 34, was hurt during a collision with Teemu Selanne 19 days ago. He was averaging over 17 minutes a night and was a key contributor for the Kings in their comeback against San Jose in the opening round, registering an assist in Game 6 while finishing plus-3 in Game 7.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)