May 26, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Panthers forward Jon Matsumoto will try his hand overseas next season, inking a deal with the Schwenninger Wild Wings of Germany’s Deutsche Eishockey Liga.
Matsumoto, 27, has bounced around the NHL since being taken by Philly the third round (79th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
His lengthiest stint in the bigs came with Carolina during the 2010-11 season — scoring two goals in 13 games — and he spent all of last season with Florida’s AHL affiliate in San Antonio (after making his Panthers debut during the 2011-12 campaign).
And yeah, it is kind of a slow news day.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5