May 26, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Panthers forward Jon Matsumoto will try his hand overseas next season, inking a deal with the Schwenninger Wild Wings of Germany’s Deutsche Eishockey Liga.
Matsumoto, 27, has bounced around the NHL since being taken by Philly the third round (79th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
His lengthiest stint in the bigs came with Carolina during the 2010-11 season — scoring two goals in 13 games — and he spent all of last season with Florida’s AHL affiliate in San Antonio (after making his Panthers debut during the 2011-12 campaign).
And yeah, it is kind of a slow news day.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)