May 25, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers haven’t played each other since the Habs won Game 3 in overtime, and that extra day off has been glaring. Clearly, these two teams are anxious to get back on the ice as the war of words just keeps building and building.
Through all the blustery behavior, the importance of Game 4 is clear: the Rangers can take a commanding* 3-1 series lead with a win while the Canadiens can tie things up 2-2 if they come out on top. You can watch the game on NBC and/or via the livestream link below:
The good news is that the action on the ice has been just as compelling as the surprisingly snippy discussions have been off the ice, so Game 4 should be appointment viewing for hockey fans.
* – Though not clinching, of course, since the Rangers came back from a 3-1 deficit in round two.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)