May 25, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers haven’t played each other since the Habs won Game 3 in overtime, and that extra day off has been glaring. Clearly, these two teams are anxious to get back on the ice as the war of words just keeps building and building.
Through all the blustery behavior, the importance of Game 4 is clear: the Rangers can take a commanding* 3-1 series lead with a win while the Canadiens can tie things up 2-2 if they come out on top. You can watch the game on NBC and/or via the livestream link below:
The good news is that the action on the ice has been just as compelling as the surprisingly snippy discussions have been off the ice, so Game 4 should be appointment viewing for hockey fans.
* – Though not clinching, of course, since the Rangers came back from a 3-1 deficit in round two.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)