May 25, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
There won’t be a miracle return to the ice in Game 4 for New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan.
“He’s recovering at home,” Vigneault said. “He stopped by this morning quickly to say hi to his teammates. He’s recovering at home, and there is no timetable at this time.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan was released from the hospital on Saturday night following surgery to put a plate in his jaw to help with the healing.
ESPN’s Katie Strang says J.T. Miller is expected to be in the Rangers lineup. With Stepan out and Daniel Carcillo serving his 10-game suspension while awaiting his appeal to be heard, it opened a spot for Miller to jump back in. Derick Brassard‘s return to action after missing most of Game 1 and all of Games 2 and 3 will help soften the blow of losing Stepan.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)