May 25, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
There won’t be a miracle return to the ice in Game 4 for New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan.
“He’s recovering at home,” Vigneault said. “He stopped by this morning quickly to say hi to his teammates. He’s recovering at home, and there is no timetable at this time.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan was released from the hospital on Saturday night following surgery to put a plate in his jaw to help with the healing.
ESPN’s Katie Strang says J.T. Miller is expected to be in the Rangers lineup. With Stepan out and Daniel Carcillo serving his 10-game suspension while awaiting his appeal to be heard, it opened a spot for Miller to jump back in. Derick Brassard‘s return to action after missing most of Game 1 and all of Games 2 and 3 will help soften the blow of losing Stepan.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)