May 25, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
There won’t be a miracle return to the ice in Game 4 for New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan.
“He’s recovering at home,” Vigneault said. “He stopped by this morning quickly to say hi to his teammates. He’s recovering at home, and there is no timetable at this time.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan was released from the hospital on Saturday night following surgery to put a plate in his jaw to help with the healing.
ESPN’s Katie Strang says J.T. Miller is expected to be in the Rangers lineup. With Stepan out and Daniel Carcillo serving his 10-game suspension while awaiting his appeal to be heard, it opened a spot for Miller to jump back in. Derick Brassard‘s return to action after missing most of Game 1 and all of Games 2 and 3 will help soften the blow of losing Stepan.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)