May 25, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
There won’t be a miracle return to the ice in Game 4 for New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan.
“He’s recovering at home,” Vigneault said. “He stopped by this morning quickly to say hi to his teammates. He’s recovering at home, and there is no timetable at this time.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan was released from the hospital on Saturday night following surgery to put a plate in his jaw to help with the healing.
ESPN’s Katie Strang says J.T. Miller is expected to be in the Rangers lineup. With Stepan out and Daniel Carcillo serving his 10-game suspension while awaiting his appeal to be heard, it opened a spot for Miller to jump back in. Derick Brassard‘s return to action after missing most of Game 1 and all of Games 2 and 3 will help soften the blow of losing Stepan.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (53)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)