May 25, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
There won’t be a miracle return to the ice in Game 4 for New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan.
“He’s recovering at home,” Vigneault said. “He stopped by this morning quickly to say hi to his teammates. He’s recovering at home, and there is no timetable at this time.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan was released from the hospital on Saturday night following surgery to put a plate in his jaw to help with the healing.
ESPN’s Katie Strang says J.T. Miller is expected to be in the Rangers lineup. With Stepan out and Daniel Carcillo serving his 10-game suspension while awaiting his appeal to be heard, it opened a spot for Miller to jump back in. Derick Brassard‘s return to action after missing most of Game 1 and all of Games 2 and 3 will help soften the blow of losing Stepan.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)