May 25, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
It might be easy for the Los Angeles Kings to feel overly confident after their 4-3 win against Chicago in Game 3 on Saturday night.
When asked about how the team is feeling after the win, however, Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t taking the bait when asked if they feel they’ve gained an edge against the Blackhawks as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think it’s one of those situations where, like I said, we did what we wanted to do tonight,” Brown said. “It’s about continuing on that. I don’t think anybody’s comfortable in this room with a two-one lead against the defending Stanley Cup champs. I mean, they’ve won two out of the last whatever-many years for a reason, and we’ve been in the Western Conference for a reason.”
Brown followed that up later by saying they know what the Blackhawks are capable of and they have to regroup and be prepared for Game 4 on Monday night.
The Kings have shown they can handle the ‘Hawks attack and, like in Game 3, withstand seeing Chicago’s best players stepping up. A shorthanded goal from Jonathan Toews and a late goal from Patrick Sharp helped show what their best players can do.
If L.A. wants to really seize control of the series, defending Staples Center ice will do the trick. That said, it’s doubtful the defending champions will go quietly.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)