May 25, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
It might be easy for the Los Angeles Kings to feel overly confident after their 4-3 win against Chicago in Game 3 on Saturday night.
When asked about how the team is feeling after the win, however, Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t taking the bait when asked if they feel they’ve gained an edge against the Blackhawks as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think it’s one of those situations where, like I said, we did what we wanted to do tonight,” Brown said. “It’s about continuing on that. I don’t think anybody’s comfortable in this room with a two-one lead against the defending Stanley Cup champs. I mean, they’ve won two out of the last whatever-many years for a reason, and we’ve been in the Western Conference for a reason.”
Brown followed that up later by saying they know what the Blackhawks are capable of and they have to regroup and be prepared for Game 4 on Monday night.
The Kings have shown they can handle the ‘Hawks attack and, like in Game 3, withstand seeing Chicago’s best players stepping up. A shorthanded goal from Jonathan Toews and a late goal from Patrick Sharp helped show what their best players can do.
If L.A. wants to really seize control of the series, defending Staples Center ice will do the trick. That said, it’s doubtful the defending champions will go quietly.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)