May 25, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
It might be easy for the Los Angeles Kings to feel overly confident after their 4-3 win against Chicago in Game 3 on Saturday night.
When asked about how the team is feeling after the win, however, Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t taking the bait when asked if they feel they’ve gained an edge against the Blackhawks as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think it’s one of those situations where, like I said, we did what we wanted to do tonight,” Brown said. “It’s about continuing on that. I don’t think anybody’s comfortable in this room with a two-one lead against the defending Stanley Cup champs. I mean, they’ve won two out of the last whatever-many years for a reason, and we’ve been in the Western Conference for a reason.”
Brown followed that up later by saying they know what the Blackhawks are capable of and they have to regroup and be prepared for Game 4 on Monday night.
The Kings have shown they can handle the ‘Hawks attack and, like in Game 3, withstand seeing Chicago’s best players stepping up. A shorthanded goal from Jonathan Toews and a late goal from Patrick Sharp helped show what their best players can do.
If L.A. wants to really seize control of the series, defending Staples Center ice will do the trick. That said, it’s doubtful the defending champions will go quietly.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 11
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)