May 25, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
It might be easy for the Los Angeles Kings to feel overly confident after their 4-3 win against Chicago in Game 3 on Saturday night.
When asked about how the team is feeling after the win, however, Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t taking the bait when asked if they feel they’ve gained an edge against the Blackhawks as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“I think it’s one of those situations where, like I said, we did what we wanted to do tonight,” Brown said. “It’s about continuing on that. I don’t think anybody’s comfortable in this room with a two-one lead against the defending Stanley Cup champs. I mean, they’ve won two out of the last whatever-many years for a reason, and we’ve been in the Western Conference for a reason.”
Brown followed that up later by saying they know what the Blackhawks are capable of and they have to regroup and be prepared for Game 4 on Monday night.
The Kings have shown they can handle the ‘Hawks attack and, like in Game 3, withstand seeing Chicago’s best players stepping up. A shorthanded goal from Jonathan Toews and a late goal from Patrick Sharp helped show what their best players can do.
If L.A. wants to really seize control of the series, defending Staples Center ice will do the trick. That said, it’s doubtful the defending champions will go quietly.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)