May 25, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oil Kings beat the Guelph Storm 6-3 on Sunday to win the 2014 Memorial Cup.
The Oil Kings boast some players likely to become familiar with NHL fans in the near future, possibly even beginning in the 2014-15 season. The biggest standouts include Griffin Reihnart (the fourth pick in 2012 by the New York Islanders) and Henrik Samuelsson (27th overall in the same year by the Phoenix Coyotes), although Edgars Kulda took the tournament MVP.
(Cody Corbett is the player in this post’s main image.)
Here are a few tweets from the game:
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12