May 24, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Heading into Game 3, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews used some colorful words to describe his team’s motivation. If nothing else, he’s holding up his end of the bargain so far against the Los Angeles Kings.
Toews made his first big play of the first period when he disrupted an early Kings’ power play for this nice 1-0 goal:
The Kings highlighted their ability to bounce back when Slava Voynov tied it up on that same man advantage, but Toews scored his second goal on his second shot to regain Chicago’s one-goal lead:
Toews now has eight goals and 13 points (and possibly counting) in 15 postseason games so far. He already boasts four game-winners in these playoffs.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17