May 24, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust was suspended two games on Friday for what the National Hockey League deemed a ‘late, violent’ hit on New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan the previous night.
Stepan suffered a broken jaw, and required surgery as a result. However, the principle point of contact was still up for discussion within the hockey world.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5