May 24, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust was suspended two games on Friday for what the National Hockey League deemed a ‘late, violent’ hit on New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan the previous night.
Stepan suffered a broken jaw, and required surgery as a result. However, the principle point of contact was still up for discussion within the hockey world.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 11
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13