May 24, 2014, 1:30 AM EST
Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust was suspended two games on Friday for what the National Hockey League deemed a ‘late, violent’ hit on New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan the previous night.
Stepan suffered a broken jaw, and required surgery as a result. However, the principle point of contact was still up for discussion within the hockey world.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 21
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58