May 24, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Derick Brassard said he’s going to play in Game 4 for the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien took note of that in a most peculiar way.
While speaking with the French media following practice on Saturday, Therrien said he expected Brassard to play and, as TVASports’ Renaud Lavoie shared, they might know a bit more about what kept him out of the lineup for Games 2 and 3.
Knowing a guy is playing hurt is one thing, but knowing exactly where he’s hurt and fessing up to that is a little… Strange. It’s also not the first time Therrien has confessed this brand of knowledge.
During Montreal’s four-game sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Ondrej Palat‘s return to the Lightning lineup saw Therrien say something similar about know where Palat’s injury was.
It’s nothing other than something curious to note, but with how hot the tempers in this series have become it’s something to mark down.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)