May 24, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
Derick Brassard said he’s going to play in Game 4 for the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien took note of that in a most peculiar way.
While speaking with the French media following practice on Saturday, Therrien said he expected Brassard to play and, as TVASports’ Renaud Lavoie shared, they might know a bit more about what kept him out of the lineup for Games 2 and 3.
Knowing a guy is playing hurt is one thing, but knowing exactly where he’s hurt and fessing up to that is a little… Strange. It’s also not the first time Therrien has confessed this brand of knowledge.
During Montreal’s four-game sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Ondrej Palat‘s return to the Lightning lineup saw Therrien say something similar about know where Palat’s injury was.
It’s nothing other than something curious to note, but with how hot the tempers in this series have become it’s something to mark down.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)