May 24, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Derick Brassard said he’s going to play in Game 4 for the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien took note of that in a most peculiar way.
While speaking with the French media following practice on Saturday, Therrien said he expected Brassard to play and, as TVASports’ Renaud Lavoie shared, they might know a bit more about what kept him out of the lineup for Games 2 and 3.
Knowing a guy is playing hurt is one thing, but knowing exactly where he’s hurt and fessing up to that is a little… Strange. It’s also not the first time Therrien has confessed this brand of knowledge.
During Montreal’s four-game sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Ondrej Palat‘s return to the Lightning lineup saw Therrien say something similar about know where Palat’s injury was.
It’s nothing other than something curious to note, but with how hot the tempers in this series have become it’s something to mark down.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)