May 24, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final could be a good news/bad news one for the New York Rangers.
Brassard has been out of action since early in Game 1 against Montreal after he took a big hit from Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver. Brassard left that game immediately and has been out of action since.
Stepan broke his jaw on the hit and Vigneault said he missed today’s practice in the hospital recovering from surgery. According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan needed a plate inserted to stabilize his jaw.
Getting Brassard back with Stepan likely out is a turn of good news for New York as they were looking at the possibility of being without two of their top three pivots in Game 4. Brassard is likely set to return to his line with Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello. Dominic Moore may have to take Stepan’s spot on the top line between Rick Nash and Chris Kreider.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)