May 24, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final could be a good news/bad news one for the New York Rangers.
Brassard has been out of action since early in Game 1 against Montreal after he took a big hit from Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver. Brassard left that game immediately and has been out of action since.
Stepan broke his jaw on the hit and Vigneault said he missed today’s practice in the hospital recovering from surgery. According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan needed a plate inserted to stabilize his jaw.
Getting Brassard back with Stepan likely out is a turn of good news for New York as they were looking at the possibility of being without two of their top three pivots in Game 4. Brassard is likely set to return to his line with Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello. Dominic Moore may have to take Stepan’s spot on the top line between Rick Nash and Chris Kreider.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)