May 24, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final could be a good news/bad news one for the New York Rangers.
Brassard has been out of action since early in Game 1 against Montreal after he took a big hit from Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver. Brassard left that game immediately and has been out of action since.
Stepan broke his jaw on the hit and Vigneault said he missed today’s practice in the hospital recovering from surgery. According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Stepan needed a plate inserted to stabilize his jaw.
Getting Brassard back with Stepan likely out is a turn of good news for New York as they were looking at the possibility of being without two of their top three pivots in Game 4. Brassard is likely set to return to his line with Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello. Dominic Moore may have to take Stepan’s spot on the top line between Rick Nash and Chris Kreider.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)