May 24, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Remember earlier when we talked about the war of words between the Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers was growing louder? Apparently we spoke too soon.
Following practice at Madison Square Garden on Saturday afternoon, Habs forward Daniel Briere aired some grievances with the Rangers on a few of the hot-button topics of the series.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said earlier today he doubted Stepan would play in Sunday’s Game 4 because he was still in the hospital recovering from surgery to put a plate in his jaw.
Brendan Gallagher added his own two cents on Stepan saying:
On playing against defenseman Ryan McDonagh he delivered a bit of a backhanded compliment.
Maybe a couple days off between games for these teams was enough to really get the hype machine going for Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 6
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 74
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)