May 24, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Remember earlier when we talked about the war of words between the Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers was growing louder? Apparently we spoke too soon.
Following practice at Madison Square Garden on Saturday afternoon, Habs forward Daniel Briere aired some grievances with the Rangers on a few of the hot-button topics of the series.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said earlier today he doubted Stepan would play in Sunday’s Game 4 because he was still in the hospital recovering from surgery to put a plate in his jaw.
Brendan Gallagher added his own two cents on Stepan saying:
On playing against defenseman Ryan McDonagh he delivered a bit of a backhanded compliment.
Maybe a couple days off between games for these teams was enough to really get the hype machine going for Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)