May 24, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Remember earlier when we talked about the war of words between the Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers was growing louder? Apparently we spoke too soon.
Following practice at Madison Square Garden on Saturday afternoon, Habs forward Daniel Briere aired some grievances with the Rangers on a few of the hot-button topics of the series.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said earlier today he doubted Stepan would play in Sunday’s Game 4 because he was still in the hospital recovering from surgery to put a plate in his jaw.
Brendan Gallagher added his own two cents on Stepan saying:
On playing against defenseman Ryan McDonagh he delivered a bit of a backhanded compliment.
Maybe a couple days off between games for these teams was enough to really get the hype machine going for Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)