May 24, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
Remember earlier when we talked about the war of words between the Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers was growing louder? Apparently we spoke too soon.
Following practice at Madison Square Garden on Saturday afternoon, Habs forward Daniel Briere aired some grievances with the Rangers on a few of the hot-button topics of the series.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said earlier today he doubted Stepan would play in Sunday’s Game 4 because he was still in the hospital recovering from surgery to put a plate in his jaw.
Brendan Gallagher added his own two cents on Stepan saying:
On playing against defenseman Ryan McDonagh he delivered a bit of a backhanded compliment.
Maybe a couple days off between games for these teams was enough to really get the hype machine going for Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11