May 23, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
Although Stepan returned to the game after absorbing the blow early in the first period, it was determined that he has a broken jaw, per TSN’s Darren Dreger.
“Step right now, at this time, is probably getting operated on,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said this morning, according to Blueshirts United. “He broke his jaw yesterday, so we’ll have an idea of the time frame tomorrow.”
Vigneault specified that Stepan did get cleared by doctors to return to Thursday’s contest and that his injury was diagnosed this morning.
Stepan logged 17:46 minutes and recorded an assist last night.
Prust wasn’t penalized for his actions, but the NHL already booked him for a hearing to determine if supplemental discipline is appropriate. You can view the hit below:
In the aftermath of that hit, Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo had an incident with an official that might trigger an automatic suspension of three, 10, or 20 games for the physical abuse of an official.
Vigneault said that Carcillo’s actions were unacceptable and he will pay for them.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (142)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)