May 23, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
Although Stepan returned to the game after absorbing the blow early in the first period, it was determined that he has a broken jaw, per TSN’s Darren Dreger.
“Step right now, at this time, is probably getting operated on,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said this morning, according to Blueshirts United. “He broke his jaw yesterday, so we’ll have an idea of the time frame tomorrow.”
Vigneault specified that Stepan did get cleared by doctors to return to Thursday’s contest and that his injury was diagnosed this morning.
Stepan logged 17:46 minutes and recorded an assist last night.
Prust wasn’t penalized for his actions, but the NHL already booked him for a hearing to determine if supplemental discipline is appropriate. You can view the hit below:
In the aftermath of that hit, Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo had an incident with an official that might trigger an automatic suspension of three, 10, or 20 games for the physical abuse of an official.
Vigneault said that Carcillo’s actions were unacceptable and he will pay for them.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)