May 23, 2014, 10:57 AM EST
Montreal forward Brandon Prust will have a disciplinary hearing Friday for his hit on New York’s Derek Stepan during Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety announced.
Here’s the hit in question, for which Prust wasn’t penalized:
In the aftermath of the ensuing fracas, Dorsett and Prust were given five-minute fighting majors each, while Carcillo was given a charging minor for the original hit and a game misconduct for jostling with linesman Scott Driscoll. That ended Carbomb’s night with just 1:45 TOI and the potential for suspension hanging in the balance.
Speaking of suspensions, Prust does have a past history with the Department of Player Safety. In 2012, he was suspended one game — while a member of the Rangers — for elbowing Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov in the head:
Ironically enough, that incident also occurred during Game 3 of that year’s Eastern Conference Final.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)