May 23, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Montreal forward Brandon Prust will have a disciplinary hearing Friday for his hit on New York’s Derek Stepan during Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety announced.
Here’s the hit in question, for which Prust wasn’t penalized:
In the aftermath of the ensuing fracas, Dorsett and Prust were given five-minute fighting majors each, while Carcillo was given a charging minor for the original hit and a game misconduct for jostling with linesman Scott Driscoll. That ended Carbomb’s night with just 1:45 TOI and the potential for suspension hanging in the balance.
Speaking of suspensions, Prust does have a past history with the Department of Player Safety. In 2012, he was suspended one game — while a member of the Rangers — for elbowing Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov in the head:
Ironically enough, that incident also occurred during Game 3 of that year’s Eastern Conference Final.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 2
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 25
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)