May 23, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“Milan underwent successful surgery to repair his right wrist,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “Chris also underwent successful surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. Both players are expected to be ready for the start of Training Camp.”
Following Boston’s second-round elimination to Montreal, Lucic was sporting a cast on his wrist, which he hurt during the Game 7 loss at TD Garden.
“I got it caught and jammed it in the first period of last game,” Lucic explained, per CBS Boston. “Unfortunately now I have to get an MRI on it, so hopefully there’s nothing too bad in there other than just a sprain.”
Kelly, meanwhile, missed the final three games of the regular season and entire playoffs with the herniated disc. He had tried to rehab it without going under the knife in the hopes of participating in the postseason — a move that ultimately failed.
“I was trying to do everything I could not to have surgery in order to play. But this season’s done now, I’ll probably go ahead and end up getting it fixed,” Kelly said. “I hurt it in Minnesota [April 8]. My back seized up on me. I thought I caught it soon enough, but after that I was pretty sore for a while.”
Lucic had a pretty solid year health-wise, appearing in 80 of 82 games while scoring 24 goals and 59 points. Kelly wasn’t as fortunate, missing 22 games earlier in the year with a fractured right fibula.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)