May 23, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“Milan underwent successful surgery to repair his right wrist,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “Chris also underwent successful surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. Both players are expected to be ready for the start of Training Camp.”
Following Boston’s second-round elimination to Montreal, Lucic was sporting a cast on his wrist, which he hurt during the Game 7 loss at TD Garden.
“I got it caught and jammed it in the first period of last game,” Lucic explained, per CBS Boston. “Unfortunately now I have to get an MRI on it, so hopefully there’s nothing too bad in there other than just a sprain.”
Kelly, meanwhile, missed the final three games of the regular season and entire playoffs with the herniated disc. He had tried to rehab it without going under the knife in the hopes of participating in the postseason — a move that ultimately failed.
“I was trying to do everything I could not to have surgery in order to play. But this season’s done now, I’ll probably go ahead and end up getting it fixed,” Kelly said. “I hurt it in Minnesota [April 8]. My back seized up on me. I thought I caught it soon enough, but after that I was pretty sore for a while.”
Lucic had a pretty solid year health-wise, appearing in 80 of 82 games while scoring 24 goals and 59 points. Kelly wasn’t as fortunate, missing 22 games earlier in the year with a fractured right fibula.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (65)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)