May 23, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
“Milan underwent successful surgery to repair his right wrist,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “Chris also underwent successful surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. Both players are expected to be ready for the start of Training Camp.”
Following Boston’s second-round elimination to Montreal, Lucic was sporting a cast on his wrist, which he hurt during the Game 7 loss at TD Garden.
“I got it caught and jammed it in the first period of last game,” Lucic explained, per CBS Boston. “Unfortunately now I have to get an MRI on it, so hopefully there’s nothing too bad in there other than just a sprain.”
Kelly, meanwhile, missed the final three games of the regular season and entire playoffs with the herniated disc. He had tried to rehab it without going under the knife in the hopes of participating in the postseason — a move that ultimately failed.
“I was trying to do everything I could not to have surgery in order to play. But this season’s done now, I’ll probably go ahead and end up getting it fixed,” Kelly said. “I hurt it in Minnesota [April 8]. My back seized up on me. I thought I caught it soon enough, but after that I was pretty sore for a while.”
Lucic had a pretty solid year health-wise, appearing in 80 of 82 games while scoring 24 goals and 59 points. Kelly wasn’t as fortunate, missing 22 games earlier in the year with a fractured right fibula.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)