May 23, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“Milan underwent successful surgery to repair his right wrist,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “Chris also underwent successful surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. Both players are expected to be ready for the start of Training Camp.”
Following Boston’s second-round elimination to Montreal, Lucic was sporting a cast on his wrist, which he hurt during the Game 7 loss at TD Garden.
“I got it caught and jammed it in the first period of last game,” Lucic explained, per CBS Boston. “Unfortunately now I have to get an MRI on it, so hopefully there’s nothing too bad in there other than just a sprain.”
Kelly, meanwhile, missed the final three games of the regular season and entire playoffs with the herniated disc. He had tried to rehab it without going under the knife in the hopes of participating in the postseason — a move that ultimately failed.
“I was trying to do everything I could not to have surgery in order to play. But this season’s done now, I’ll probably go ahead and end up getting it fixed,” Kelly said. “I hurt it in Minnesota [April 8]. My back seized up on me. I thought I caught it soon enough, but after that I was pretty sore for a while.”
Lucic had a pretty solid year health-wise, appearing in 80 of 82 games while scoring 24 goals and 59 points. Kelly wasn’t as fortunate, missing 22 games earlier in the year with a fractured right fibula.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)