May 23, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Andrew Shaw will make his long-awaited return to the Chicago lineup on Saturday for Game 3 of the Western Conference Final against the Kings. From today’s media availability with ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville…
Q. Regin out with Shaw in. What went into that decision?
COACH QUENNEVILLE: We’re happy to have Shawsy back. He’s been there mostly all year, so that’s where he’s at.
Shaw will, as mentioned, draw in at the expense of Peter Regin, who averaged over 11 minutes a night in each of the first two games against Los Angeles. Regin went pointless over four postseason games (two versus Minnesota, two versus L.A.)
Shaw, meanwhile, enjoyed great success in the opening round against St. Louis, especially in the final three games of the series when he notched two goals and four points. His fortunes turned quickly against the Wild, however; he was hurt after playing just 3:01 in Game 1 and proceeded to miss the final five games of the series, and then the opening two of the L.A. series.
The 22-year-old was a key piece to Chicago’s Stanley Cup run last year, scoring five goals and nine points while averaging close to 15 minutes a night.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)