May 23, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
The New York Rangers took issue with Brandon Prust‘s questionable hit on Rangers forward Derek Stepan early in the first period of Thursday’s game and the NHL has scheduled a hearing to discuss the Canadiens forward’s actions, but not everyone is against it.
“It set the tone for the night,” Desharnais explained, per the Canadiens’ Twitter account. “They may not have liked it, but it definitely woke everyone up.”
Montreal went on to earn a 3-2 overtime victory, reducing the Rangers series lead to 2-1.
If you haven’t seen the hit, here it is:
Stepan still ended up logging 17:46 minutes, but this morning it was revealed that he had a broken jaw. He has undergone surgery as a result.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)