May 23, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
The New York Rangers took issue with Brandon Prust‘s questionable hit on Rangers forward Derek Stepan early in the first period of Thursday’s game and the NHL has scheduled a hearing to discuss the Canadiens forward’s actions, but not everyone is against it.
“It set the tone for the night,” Desharnais explained, per the Canadiens’ Twitter account. “They may not have liked it, but it definitely woke everyone up.”
Montreal went on to earn a 3-2 overtime victory, reducing the Rangers series lead to 2-1.
If you haven’t seen the hit, here it is:
Stepan still ended up logging 17:46 minutes, but this morning it was revealed that he had a broken jaw. He has undergone surgery as a result.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45