May 23, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
The New York Rangers took issue with Brandon Prust‘s questionable hit on Rangers forward Derek Stepan early in the first period of Thursday’s game and the NHL has scheduled a hearing to discuss the Canadiens forward’s actions, but not everyone is against it.
“It set the tone for the night,” Desharnais explained, per the Canadiens’ Twitter account. “They may not have liked it, but it definitely woke everyone up.”
Montreal went on to earn a 3-2 overtime victory, reducing the Rangers series lead to 2-1.
If you haven’t seen the hit, here it is:
Stepan still ended up logging 17:46 minutes, but this morning it was revealed that he had a broken jaw. He has undergone surgery as a result.
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)