May 23, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
The New York Rangers took issue with Brandon Prust‘s questionable hit on Rangers forward Derek Stepan early in the first period of Thursday’s game and the NHL has scheduled a hearing to discuss the Canadiens forward’s actions, but not everyone is against it.
“It set the tone for the night,” Desharnais explained, per the Canadiens’ Twitter account. “They may not have liked it, but it definitely woke everyone up.”
Montreal went on to earn a 3-2 overtime victory, reducing the Rangers series lead to 2-1.
If you haven’t seen the hit, here it is:
Stepan still ended up logging 17:46 minutes, but this morning it was revealed that he had a broken jaw. He has undergone surgery as a result.
- In praise of John Tavares 1
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 8
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31