May 23, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
If everything goes as planned, forward Andrew Shaw will return to the Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 on Saturday after missing roughly three weeks with a leg injury.
Blackhawks coach coach Joel Quenneville is excited to see the 22-year-old’s return. Shaw will likely center the third line and provide the team with another secondary scoring threat as well as some more grit.
“We’ve missed his presence in the lineup,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “He’s a good guy to have on the team, be it on the ice providing that energy or in the locker room. We look forward to having him back.
“He’s a versatile player when it comes to what he provides on the ice, be it in front of the net, going to the hard areas or playing different positions. He’s a big part of our team.”
Chicago is looking to bounce back after coughing up a 2-0 lead by allowing six unanswered goals against Los Angeles on Wednesday. That defeat tied the series and cost Chicago its home ice advantage.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)