May 23, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
If everything goes as planned, forward Andrew Shaw will return to the Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 on Saturday after missing roughly three weeks with a leg injury.
Blackhawks coach coach Joel Quenneville is excited to see the 22-year-old’s return. Shaw will likely center the third line and provide the team with another secondary scoring threat as well as some more grit.
“We’ve missed his presence in the lineup,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “He’s a good guy to have on the team, be it on the ice providing that energy or in the locker room. We look forward to having him back.
“He’s a versatile player when it comes to what he provides on the ice, be it in front of the net, going to the hard areas or playing different positions. He’s a big part of our team.”
Chicago is looking to bounce back after coughing up a 2-0 lead by allowing six unanswered goals against Los Angeles on Wednesday. That defeat tied the series and cost Chicago its home ice advantage.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 2
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)