May 23, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
If everything goes as planned, forward Andrew Shaw will return to the Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 on Saturday after missing roughly three weeks with a leg injury.
Blackhawks coach coach Joel Quenneville is excited to see the 22-year-old’s return. Shaw will likely center the third line and provide the team with another secondary scoring threat as well as some more grit.
“We’ve missed his presence in the lineup,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “He’s a good guy to have on the team, be it on the ice providing that energy or in the locker room. We look forward to having him back.
“He’s a versatile player when it comes to what he provides on the ice, be it in front of the net, going to the hard areas or playing different positions. He’s a big part of our team.”
Chicago is looking to bounce back after coughing up a 2-0 lead by allowing six unanswered goals against Los Angeles on Wednesday. That defeat tied the series and cost Chicago its home ice advantage.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)