May 23, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
If everything goes as planned, forward Andrew Shaw will return to the Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 on Saturday after missing roughly three weeks with a leg injury.
Blackhawks coach coach Joel Quenneville is excited to see the 22-year-old’s return. Shaw will likely center the third line and provide the team with another secondary scoring threat as well as some more grit.
“We’ve missed his presence in the lineup,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “He’s a good guy to have on the team, be it on the ice providing that energy or in the locker room. We look forward to having him back.
“He’s a versatile player when it comes to what he provides on the ice, be it in front of the net, going to the hard areas or playing different positions. He’s a big part of our team.”
Chicago is looking to bounce back after coughing up a 2-0 lead by allowing six unanswered goals against Los Angeles on Wednesday. That defeat tied the series and cost Chicago its home ice advantage.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18