May 23, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
If everything goes as planned, forward Andrew Shaw will return to the Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 on Saturday after missing roughly three weeks with a leg injury.
Blackhawks coach coach Joel Quenneville is excited to see the 22-year-old’s return. Shaw will likely center the third line and provide the team with another secondary scoring threat as well as some more grit.
“We’ve missed his presence in the lineup,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “He’s a good guy to have on the team, be it on the ice providing that energy or in the locker room. We look forward to having him back.
“He’s a versatile player when it comes to what he provides on the ice, be it in front of the net, going to the hard areas or playing different positions. He’s a big part of our team.”
Chicago is looking to bounce back after coughing up a 2-0 lead by allowing six unanswered goals against Los Angeles on Wednesday. That defeat tied the series and cost Chicago its home ice advantage.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)