May 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens goalie Dustin Tokarski, making only his second Stanley Cup playoff start, has been sharp in Game 3 against the New York Rangers, keeping his team in there through two periods.
His team needs the win, as the Habs trail the Rangers 2-0 in the Eastern Conference Final.
His save of the night came off Martin St. Louis early in the second period. The veteran Rangers forward was looking at a nearly wide open net, but Tokarski sprawled out to make the glove stop and take away what looked to be a sure goal off one of the NHL’s best scorers in the last 10 years.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2