May 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens goalie Dustin Tokarski, making only his second Stanley Cup playoff start, has been sharp in Game 3 against the New York Rangers, keeping his team in there through two periods.
His team needs the win, as the Habs trail the Rangers 2-0 in the Eastern Conference Final.
His save of the night came off Martin St. Louis early in the second period. The veteran Rangers forward was looking at a nearly wide open net, but Tokarski sprawled out to make the glove stop and take away what looked to be a sure goal off one of the NHL’s best scorers in the last 10 years.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 18
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5