May 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens goalie Dustin Tokarski, making only his second Stanley Cup playoff start, has been sharp in Game 3 against the New York Rangers, keeping his team in there through two periods.
His team needs the win, as the Habs trail the Rangers 2-0 in the Eastern Conference Final.
His save of the night came off Martin St. Louis early in the second period. The veteran Rangers forward was looking at a nearly wide open net, but Tokarski sprawled out to make the glove stop and take away what looked to be a sure goal off one of the NHL’s best scorers in the last 10 years.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)