May 22, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
There weren’t many fireworks through the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final, but the Rangers and Canadiens provided plenty in the early stages of Game 3.
Dorsett and Prust were given five-minute fighting majors each, while Carcillo was given a charging minor for the original hit and a game misconduct for jostling with linesman Scott Driscoll. That ended Carbomb’s night with just 1:45 TOI and the potential for suspension hanging in the balance.
As for Stepan, he left the game momentarily but returned midway through the first period.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 0
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)