May 22, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
There weren’t many fireworks through the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final, but the Rangers and Canadiens provided plenty in the early stages of Game 3.
Dorsett and Prust were given five-minute fighting majors each, while Carcillo was given a charging minor for the original hit and a game misconduct for jostling with linesman Scott Driscoll. That ended Carbomb’s night with just 1:45 TOI and the potential for suspension hanging in the balance.
As for Stepan, he left the game momentarily but returned midway through the first period.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5