May 22, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
There weren’t many fireworks through the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final, but the Rangers and Canadiens provided plenty in the early stages of Game 3.
Dorsett and Prust were given five-minute fighting majors each, while Carcillo was given a charging minor for the original hit and a game misconduct for jostling with linesman Scott Driscoll. That ended Carbomb’s night with just 1:45 TOI and the potential for suspension hanging in the balance.
As for Stepan, he left the game momentarily but returned midway through the first period.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)