May 22, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
New York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo and Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust could be looking at supplemental discipline following a pair of separate incidents in the first period of Thursday’s game.
Carcillo received a minor penalty for charging at Prust, but was given a game misconduct for an incident involving a linesman after a fight broke out between Prust and Derek Dorsett.
Based on a post-game review of the incident, Carcillo could be looking at a suspension, according to Darren Dreger of TSN.
According to Rule 40 – Physical Abuse of Officials:
Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply.
Prust drew the ire of the Rangers earlier on in the period, for a questionable hit on Derek Stepan. According to Dreger, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety will discuss the hit.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)