May 22, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo and Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust could be looking at supplemental discipline following a pair of separate incidents in the first period of Thursday’s game.
Carcillo received a minor penalty for charging at Prust, but was given a game misconduct for an incident involving a linesman after a fight broke out between Prust and Derek Dorsett.
Based on a post-game review of the incident, Carcillo could be looking at a suspension, according to Darren Dreger of TSN.
According to Rule 40 – Physical Abuse of Officials:
Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply.
Prust drew the ire of the Rangers earlier on in the period, for a questionable hit on Derek Stepan. According to Dreger, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety will discuss the hit.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 12
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)