May 22, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo and Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust could be looking at supplemental discipline following a pair of separate incidents in the first period of Thursday’s game.
Carcillo received a minor penalty for charging at Prust, but was given a game misconduct for an incident involving a linesman after a fight broke out between Prust and Derek Dorsett.
Based on a post-game review of the incident, Carcillo could be looking at a suspension, according to Darren Dreger of TSN.
According to Rule 40 – Physical Abuse of Officials:
Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply.
Prust drew the ire of the Rangers earlier on in the period, for a questionable hit on Derek Stepan. According to Dreger, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety will discuss the hit.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)