May 22, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo and Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust could be looking at supplemental discipline following a pair of separate incidents in the first period of Thursday’s game.
Carcillo received a minor penalty for charging at Prust, but was given a game misconduct for an incident involving a linesman after a fight broke out between Prust and Derek Dorsett.
Based on a post-game review of the incident, Carcillo could be looking at a suspension, according to Darren Dreger of TSN.
According to Rule 40 – Physical Abuse of Officials:
Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply.
Prust drew the ire of the Rangers earlier on in the period, for a questionable hit on Derek Stepan. According to Dreger, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety will discuss the hit.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)