May 22, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
New York will once again be without Derick Brassard as it looks to take a 3-0 series lead on Montreal in the Eastern Conference Final on Thursday night.
Brassard, currently dealing with an upper-body injury, had four goals and seven points in 15 postseason games prior to getting hurt. It’s unclear exactly what his ailment is or for how much longer he’ll be sidelined; following today’s optional skate, head coach Alain Vigneault would only classify Brassard as “day-to-day.”
Early in the first period of Game 1, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench, but wasn’t there for long as he quickly headed to the locker room and didn’t return.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6