May 22, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
It was yet another comeback for the L.A. Kings.
They erased a 3-0 series deficit in a historic first-round victory over the San Jose Sharks, then staved off elimination in back-to-back contests against the Anaheim Ducks to win that second-round series in seven games.
And on Wednesday, trailing the Chicago Blackhawks 1-0 in the Western Conference Final, the Kings came roaring back from a two-goal deficit late in the second period to take Game 2 of the best-of-seven series by a final score of 6-2. L.A. scored six unanswered goals, five times in the third period, including twice on the power play and a hat trick from Jeff Carter.
“Everyone wants to move onto that next step and we’re doing everything we can to get that. And we’re fortunate enough to get a win in their building.”
So far in these playoffs, the Kings, Stanley Cup champs from two years ago, are the only team to beat the Blackhawks in their home confines of the United Center and its loud and energetic crowd. The loss ended Chicago’s winning streak on home ice in this post-season at seven games.
“Well, at some point they’re going to lose a game at home. They’re not going to win every [one]. The only difference tonight and last game – we probably played better in Game 1,” said Kings head coach Darryl Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider.
“The difference tonight was not goals for, it was goals against. You give up three against them, you’re in trouble.”
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53