May 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Having already eliminated “the best team in the league,” according to Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien, the Habs now have their hands full with “the best team that we’ve played in the playoffs,” also according to Therrien.
Which might not actually make sense when you think about it, but whatever, it was a nice little shot at those “disrespectful” Bruins, and the Rangers are definitely playing some good hockey. New York has won five straight in the playoffs, including the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final versus Montreal.
“So we all understand the challenge that we’re facing tonight,” said Therrien. “Yes, we’ve got a young guy in the goalie position, but for us we’ve got to make sure we play the way we play, to play the right way, to play the way with confidence. We can’t start thinking about changing things because of the goalie. We have to make sure we play the right way.”
Therrien, if you’re wondering, was responding to a reporter who asked if the Canadiens need to play a different way with Dustin Tokarski, not the injured Carey Price, between the pipes in a hostile environment like Madison Square Garden.
Related: Get your game notes: Habs at Rangers
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)