May 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Having already eliminated “the best team in the league,” according to Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien, the Habs now have their hands full with “the best team that we’ve played in the playoffs,” also according to Therrien.
Which might not actually make sense when you think about it, but whatever, it was a nice little shot at those “disrespectful” Bruins, and the Rangers are definitely playing some good hockey. New York has won five straight in the playoffs, including the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final versus Montreal.
“So we all understand the challenge that we’re facing tonight,” said Therrien. “Yes, we’ve got a young guy in the goalie position, but for us we’ve got to make sure we play the way we play, to play the right way, to play the way with confidence. We can’t start thinking about changing things because of the goalie. We have to make sure we play the right way.”
Therrien, if you’re wondering, was responding to a reporter who asked if the Canadiens need to play a different way with Dustin Tokarski, not the injured Carey Price, between the pipes in a hostile environment like Madison Square Garden.
Related: Get your game notes: Habs at Rangers
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)