May 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Having already eliminated “the best team in the league,” according to Montreal Canadiens coach Michel Therrien, the Habs now have their hands full with “the best team that we’ve played in the playoffs,” also according to Therrien.
Which might not actually make sense when you think about it, but whatever, it was a nice little shot at those “disrespectful” Bruins, and the Rangers are definitely playing some good hockey. New York has won five straight in the playoffs, including the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final versus Montreal.
“So we all understand the challenge that we’re facing tonight,” said Therrien. “Yes, we’ve got a young guy in the goalie position, but for us we’ve got to make sure we play the way we play, to play the right way, to play the way with confidence. We can’t start thinking about changing things because of the goalie. We have to make sure we play the right way.”
Therrien, if you’re wondering, was responding to a reporter who asked if the Canadiens need to play a different way with Dustin Tokarski, not the injured Carey Price, between the pipes in a hostile environment like Madison Square Garden.
Related: Get your game notes: Habs at Rangers
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)