May 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
The L.A. Kings needed a big save. Jonathan Quick delivered.
The Kings goalie, ranging from right to left, sprawled out to make a spectacular left-pad save on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook in the second period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Final.
It was an important stop, too, as it kept the Kings only two goals behind the Blackhawks at that point. And, with less than two minutes remaining in the period, Justin Williams had a puck bank in off his skate and behind Corey Crawford to cut into Chicago’s lead, making it 2-1 heading into the third period.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 0
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)