May 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings needed a big save. Jonathan Quick delivered.
The Kings goalie, ranging from right to left, sprawled out to make a spectacular left-pad save on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook in the second period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Final.
It was an important stop, too, as it kept the Kings only two goals behind the Blackhawks at that point. And, with less than two minutes remaining in the period, Justin Williams had a puck bank in off his skate and behind Corey Crawford to cut into Chicago’s lead, making it 2-1 heading into the third period.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (122)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)