May 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
The L.A. Kings needed a big save. Jonathan Quick delivered.
The Kings goalie, ranging from right to left, sprawled out to make a spectacular left-pad save on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook in the second period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Final.
It was an important stop, too, as it kept the Kings only two goals behind the Blackhawks at that point. And, with less than two minutes remaining in the period, Justin Williams had a puck bank in off his skate and behind Corey Crawford to cut into Chicago’s lead, making it 2-1 heading into the third period.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)