May 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings needed a big save. Jonathan Quick delivered.
The Kings goalie, ranging from right to left, sprawled out to make a spectacular left-pad save on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook in the second period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Final.
It was an important stop, too, as it kept the Kings only two goals behind the Blackhawks at that point. And, with less than two minutes remaining in the period, Justin Williams had a puck bank in off his skate and behind Corey Crawford to cut into Chicago’s lead, making it 2-1 heading into the third period.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18