May 21, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
The L.A. Kings needed a big save. Jonathan Quick delivered.
The Kings goalie, ranging from right to left, sprawled out to make a spectacular left-pad save on Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook in the second period of Game 2 of the Western Conference Final.
It was an important stop, too, as it kept the Kings only two goals behind the Blackhawks at that point. And, with less than two minutes remaining in the period, Justin Williams had a puck bank in off his skate and behind Corey Crawford to cut into Chicago’s lead, making it 2-1 heading into the third period.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)