May 21, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
Bit of a slow afternoon as we wait for Game 2 of the Western Conference Final in Chicago, so here are some fun player props to mull over and discuss in the comment section, courtesy online bookmaker Bovada:
What team will Jason Spezza be on for game 1 of the 2014-2015 season?
Ottawa Senators 2/1
Any Other Team 1/3
What team will Dion Phaneuf be on for game 1 of the 2014-2015 season?
Toronto Maple Leafs 1/3
Any Other Team 2/1
What team will Nazem Kadri be on for game 1 of the 2014-2015 season?
Toronto Maple Leafs 1/5
Any Other Team 3/1
What team will Dave Bolland be on for game 1 of the 2014-2015 season?
Toronto Maple Leafs 1/1
Any Other Team 5/7
Will the Florida Panthers Trade the First Overall Pick in the 2014 NHL Draft?
On that last one, we wrote earlier today about the 2014 draft being a potentially busy one in terms of trades. And Panthers general manager Dale Tallon did say earlier this month that he would “definitely” be shopping the top pick, so maybe there’s some value there.
Actually, there may be a Tallon connection to at least two of those props, since some believe the former Blackhawks GM will pursue former ‘Hawks player Bolland in free agency.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 3
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)